Headlight Washing Installation

The bumper has the cutout markings for the headlight wash apertures, manual says to modify bumper (cut it out) if a new bumper has been ordered as a replacement for instance and the van has headlight wash on startline. Think this is the same with the parking sensor locations, shows the central point to drill then use the cutout tool.
I think you can buy the headlight wash as individual parts but did see someone advertising a kit in an Eastern European country a while back. Not really looked into it, but may do it in the future.

Headlight wash cutout markings (bottom) and PDC sensor markings on basic start line bumper shown in images. Does anyone have pictures of headlight wash retrofit on start line bumper?

481C5344-C1AB-48B1-AF2D-08B1DF347890.jpeg

6DA43255-74FE-4165-B092-1310D61CB5B4.jpeg

44E0AEB4-CE80-49AC-9CE1-A57898B83DFA.jpeg

FB2054E2-8FB1-491A-9708-CBE50664D435.jpeg

79A97980-26AB-4A1B-B971-2737878DBA86.jpeg

@scotia Hi, I haven’t bothered to do it, I have headlamp wash on my car (factory fit xenon swivel lights with pop up jets) and it’s crap, may as well wipe it with a cloth every now and then.
If it made a massive difference I would like with the LED headlight conversion, MFSW cruise control and parking sensors.
Oh latest fitment is a Blackvue 2 channel dash cam. The rear camera is the waterproof IR which is fitted with VHB tape, the cable goes through the plastic LED number plate light unit so not to damage any paintwork or invalidate the corrosion warranty. If I want it back to factory original I just replace that number plate light unit which are around £15.
Works really well as an always on rear view camera set to mirror mode, an old iPhone is used to connect to the cameras Wi-fi and is used as a rear view mirror.
A hotspot allows me to check the van 24/7 remotely too.
This is a screen shot from the phone. It’s black and white as it’s an IR camera for better night view when Parked up, also they don’t do a waterproof rear camera yet, I have a solid tailgate so I was limited on options.

CBE05056-B360-4641-9638-892BAC80E579.png

Last edited:
Looking good!!
Did you have to fit a different plastic bumper carrier to hold the jet unit in place or does it fit the original?
Do you have any photos of the jet fitted to the inside of the bumper?

Do you have any photos of the headlight washer pump and hose routing? Not decided if I need this yet as I have standard bumpers, but I have seen builders vans with them in the standard bumper.

The washer carrier is a separate part that comes with mounting tape on, it just sticks to the back of the bumper.

I used the original bumper, but don’t use the template marked on the back of the bumper as the hole will be far too big. I made a template using the locating ridge on the washer carrier.

There is another thread on here with photos of the hose routing, you need a different washer bottle with two pumps. Hose wise there’s not really much to it. I also wired up the low level indicator on the dash whilst I was there.

When I fitted my LED headlights, fog lights and front PDC I notice the van already had a black washer bottle with blanked off headlight pump hole.

Back