Headlight Washing Installation

Mrpowwow

VIP Member
Hi Guys
I have replaced my start line bumper with a highland bumper, i already have the LED lights, the highland bumper came with the washer jets and wiring in it, can anyone tell me what else i need to have them hooked up so they are working ?

cheers

Andrew

Headlight washers have an extra pump on the washer bottle feeding the extra jets
If your washer bottle is white/semi transparent you will need to replace it with the black one (picture in forum shop) add the second pump to it with additional hose to bumper outlets then it will need wiring in, not looked at the wiring for it but happy to get the wiring diagrams out and figure it out for you
I believe there is an option in VCDS to show washers are installed so I would guess it wires back to the BCM and will need coding
On a side note if you go down this path installing a extra wire from washer bottle to dash you will be able to activate the low washer fluid warning light

Hi Pauly
Thanks for the reply mate, so if i do have the white washer bottle, is the black one from the forum shop all i need or is the second pump separate ?

The shop one is just the upgrade bottle to activate washer level sensor
Havent really looked into it mate just know you will require bottle, second pump, tubing & wiring
if your interested in doing it I'm happy to delve deeper as thinking there will be wire connectors/pipe fittings etc etc

Pauly, if you would be able to find out what I would need apart from the jets and tubing from the bumper that would be great
Cheers

Andrew

Will pm you my number, give me a call and we can go through it

Yes I have installed headlight washers alongside my LED headlights
It’s not too difficult, there’s an additional washer pump that fits into the washer bottle with some tubing to take it to the bumper then a couple of wires to power it up, the positive supply runs through a relay triggered by the BCM

ok great, thanks for that. You didnt per chance take any photos? Or is it obvious/straight swap with regards to the bottle etc? When you mention relay - is this all in the loom or?

I dont have vcds but am considering it.. or as zebra mentioned odbeleven.. do you know if i can do all i need (some coding etc) with this?

just found this thread - amazing!
Windscreen washer low-level indication

bit more involved than i had hoped but seems ok to do..

Last edited:
I have got some pictures, you will prob need to change the washer bottle for the larger unit with the extra hole in it for the headlight washer pump, you will need a black washer bottle so you can look and check if you have the clear/white one

I have used an OE relay which mounts on the BCM carrier in the dash and the main feed for the washer pump passes through it and is triggered by the BCM

Not used OBDeleven so not sure I’m afraid

If it’s just a case of selecting the right bit to say they’re installed in the coding then should be fine. Looking at @Pauly ’s coding guide it’s 9-14-0. I can look later today. Also, not that’s its that important, but I’m pretty sure the smaller washer bottle I had without the sensor was black also...again I’ll check.

ok thanks guys, alot! im totally new to 'coding' so will need to research it a bit more to try to understand more!

In VCDS it’s just a tick box so if OBD eleven allows you to manually edit coding (which it sounds like it does) then it’s just a case of find the correct digit and changing it from a 0 to a 1

Yeah that’s exactly right Pauly. You select the module, long coding then select the byte and tick the relevant bit as you say.

14278B83-09C0-4AA5-B7A0-69A994B29570.jpeg

3DA397F7-02E1-49A7-B409-A527A605DA05.jpeg

F6AE5914-4473-4F42-94E8-F39B5A9AA23B.jpeg

0892092A-E326-4FDD-9711-5923B568561B.jpeg

Yes I have installed headlight washers alongside my LED headlights
It’s not too difficult, there’s an additional washer pump that fits into the washer bottle with some tubing to take it to the bumper then a couple of wires to power it up, the positive supply runs through a relay triggered by the BCM
Did you have to replace the bumper or can it be cut out? Roughly how much for a full kit as I fancy doing this.
Thanks Alan.

The bumper needs replacing and thats a couple hundred on its own, then you need the extra pump/bottle/jets

Capture.PNG

Only things not on that list are the actual washer bottle/tank, wiring/plugs and relay
The tank required for washer jets also has the fluid level sensor in it so you get the added bonus of an extra light on your dash when running out of fluid

Only things not on that list are the actual washer bottle/tank, wiring/plugs and relay
The tank required for washer jets also has the fluid level sensor in it so you get the added bonus of an extra light on your dash when running out of fluid
I already have the fluid level sensor on mine, does that mean I dont need a new bottle?

Back