Head Unit with a mind of its own

wildjeff

VIP Member
Hi i have a 65 plate T6 with a touch screen head unit. Its started doing things on auto, eg auto dialing out, auto changing radio stations, and once it starts it just doesn't stop, yesterday it auto telephone dialed 6 times one after the other. Its as if the touch screen is sensing a hand/touch when there isn't one. Anybody out there had this happen , any ideas , Jeff

Hi i have a 65 plate T6 with a touch screen head unit. Its started doing things on auto, eg auto dialing out, auto changing radio stations, and once it starts it just doesn't stop, yesterday it auto telephone dialed 6 times one after the other. Its as if the touch screen is sensing a hand/touch when there isn't one. Anybody out there had this happen , any ideas , Jeff
Digitiser panel needs replacing.

Unfortunately its a common fault, ghost touch on the screen and it only gets worse
When mine started early on i could hold down the power button on the headunit for 30 secs to reboot it and this would alleviate it a bit for that journey but never lasts long

Thks for these posts , Deaky could I ask is replacing the digitiser panel a big job , what/where is it , Jeff

It’s real easy. Don’t try to remove the old one, it will crack the LCD. Stick a new one over the top. Have a search there’s a thread on here about it.

Back