Head unit & Steering wheel upgrade for Startline

Ronnymarks

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, so here’s a little history. I did have a T5 around fifteen years ago and regretted selling it and moved to a Transit Custom.

I am now in the process of buying a T6 Startline, I would have loved to have been able to get a higher spec van but due to the lack of funds it is what it is. Over the next year I want to start upgrading bit on bobs on it, but the first project I want to under take is changing the head unit for one that has sat nav etc. So the big question is once I have found a suitable head end (I have seen a few units on eBay) I then want to change the steering wheel to one with controls from another VW and can anyone tell me what wheel I can utilise for this? Such as one from a golf or polo etc.

I am all ears and would appreciate any info and advice.

Plenty of info on the forum for wheels and head units. Golf MK7 steering wheels and Kenwood 8019 Head units are popular.

I have the Kenwood unit, it's great. It uses Wireless Carplay for google maps navigation.

Plenty of info on the forum for wheels and head units. Golf MK7 steering wheels and Kenwood 8019 Head units are popular.

I have the Kenwood unit, it's great. It uses Wireless Carplay for google maps navigation.
Thanks for the info, sorry for the late reply.

I second that what Roberts mentioned , the 8019 Kenwood is out biggest seller due to wireless CarPlay/android auto feature plus many other unique features of the Kenwood

We can supply it as a plug and play solution, drop us a pm or call 01980 624740 for more info

Hi Chris

what would I need to get a sat nav unit in my t6
i have a poverty specked van

Regards
Ron

Back