Head unit fault code 01556 - Infotainment System fault code 01556 - Control Module: Software incompatible

WS338

VIP Member
I’ve had this code standing since I had the touch screen replace. There was another code 01555 I was able to code out but haven’t been able to find any info on this one.

2017 T6 With a Discover Media unit

Was it only the replacement of the touch screen? Or were there also some software hacking involved?
The screen replaced and apple car play added. Done by a business not sure how kosher it was ………….

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
If it's just a fault code and everything is working then I wouldn't worry about it. If carplay isn't working then you need to go back to who ever has tried to unlock your head unit

If it's just a fault code and everything is working then I wouldn't worry about it. If carplay isn't working then you need to go back to who ever has tried to unlock your head unit
Thank you. Not causing any issues I just don’t like seeing the code on a scan. Thanks for your help.

I get the same error since my digi dash.
There is someone on obdeleven forums that can provide the new versions. I haven't tried it myself though.

Most likely old fw is still present after enabling CarPlay. Basically, not 100% complete installation.

”Q: After Toolbox installation I got OBD error 1556. How to fix it?
A: Usually just running Tools->Clean SWDL history and keep only non-duplicated FW updates helps. Then reboot the unit and clear OBD2 error.
If the error is still there, long press MENU and enter Testmode->Green Engineering Menu->debugging->additional debug destination. Select where to save the log onto SD or USB. Open the log from SD/USB and look for strings like SW incompatible. They will contain the reason of the error.”

Back