Have I got CarPlay?

QdVW

Hey,

picked up a 2020 car play and thought it would come with carplay, Highline model.

please can you confirm CarPlay is not supported on attached head unit

if not supported do I need to get part number5C0 035 680 E.

Thank you

That’s a T6 dash isn’t it? Not a 6.1?

Edit, if it’s a T6 then you’re out of luck on that headunit.

Don’t waste your money on a Discovery Unit, that’s crap too, buy something aftermarket.

It’s 2020 registered throught it’ll be a t6.1, I guess VW have registered t6 old model in 2020 due to stock?

The .1 get Apple car play and android auto, through usb, to the touchscreen.

Just remember Android Auto is a buggy arse no matter what head unit...Apple just tends to work all the time :rolleyes:

At least you’ve got a sunglasses holder, a leather gear knob and a foot rest :(

At least you’ve got a sunglasses holder, a leather gear knob and a foot rest :(
Interesting I thought all 2020 transporters are t6.1
I can ask them to swap it over for another one but not sure if it’s worth all the hassle? What major things does it have apart form CarPlay

Adaptive cruise control. Front parking sensors, and the head unit are the main differences

I'd get it swapped if it's new without a big discount for being a T6 and not a 6.1

I'd get it swapped if it's new without a big discount for being a T6 and not a 6.1

Got it part of VWFS Rent a car got on, monthly rolling contract with insurance, no deposit £640 a month. 2 litre TFI automatic. Fixed price. Works out the same as leasing a van. It’s listed £700 per month on there site, so I’m happy.
I’m just a tech guy that loves all the snacks!

Back