Has anyone used Wickes thermawrap or B&Q’s recycled plastic insulation?

I used the B&Q stuff for the sides and tailgate which is 60mm but was too thick for the roof, I had to buy some 30mm thick same stuff off the Internet.

Just used the B&Q insulation, 100mm , worked a treat in doors and rear quarters. Too thick for roof.

That’s great, worked well I presume? Did you use the themed wrap for the floor?
I've not done the floor but it is rubber lined and carpeted which seems good, my van get used for camping inn the winter. I have a diesel heater too.

By coincidence I took a photo just now to demonstrate why even just the Diall recycled plastic bottle insulation is better than nothing (we fitted as a temporary measure this season). We've not sound deadened the walls so this is just insulation loosely held in by the factory panels

PXL_20211021_204321530.jpg

PXL_20211021_204310650.jpg

Used that Wickes stuff ... Ripped it out a month later and got the dodo in.

It's stiff, fixed thickness, not really a thermal insulation. Just sat in the space. Dodo fleece actually fills the space.

I have part of a roll of the plastic type insulation left over if anyone in the Leeds area wants it. Free obviously.

I used both, Diall for internal insulation (on top of sound deadening and thermoliner), and the Thermowrap for a DIY pop top cover. I wouldn't use the Thermowrap inside.

I used both, Diall for internal insulation (on top of sound deadening and thermoliner), and the Thermowrap for a DIY pop top cover. I wouldn't use the Thermowrap inside.
I'm just about to plan out a DIY poptop cover - any tips for a complete beginner or for what you would have done different? Thanks

I'm just about to plan out a DIY poptop cover - any tips for a complete beginner or for what you would have done different? Thanks
For a start don't skimp on the material! I thought I'd save myself a few quid and get a similar looking alternative from eBay for about half the price. It was cheap crap so bought the Thermawrap, though it was the 10 x 1.05 roll from Screwfix.

I used this as inspiration but it's pretty straightforward. Just measure twice!

For a start don't skimp on the material! I thought I'd save myself a few quid and get a similar looking alternative from eBay for about half the price. It was cheap crap so bought the Thermawrap, though it was the 10 x 1.05 roll from Screwfix.

I used this as inspiration but it's pretty straightforward. Just measure twice!
Great video - very helpful - thanks. Did you put yours inside or outside? I’m considering inside as I won’t have to go out in the rain and less risk of blowing away.

Great video - very helpful - thanks. Did you put yours inside or outside? I’m considering inside as I won’t have to go out in the rain and less risk of blowing away.
I have no first hand experience since we've not used it yet but I've read that they perform better outside.
The fit is quite tight and I've used some substantial velcro strips at the back which I hope will minimise the risk of it taking off.

By the way I just watched the video again and realised that I did ours a little differently...I have it overlapping at the back rather than the side, and I positioned the velcro strips horizontally rather than vertically which gives a bit more wiggle room when pulling it tight.

Back