Hello Fresh insulation

harveyj09

Window Tinter
T6 Guru
Anyone have Hello Fresh? The insulation pouches that the food gets delivers in is mounting up here. Do you think it would be any use for the van? It’s not recyclable and seems a waste to throw out.

IMG_5807.jpeg

Interesting observation and not very ‘eco’ of them - perhaps you should contact them as a concerned customer and see what they say. Be interesting to hear their response.

Looks similar to the insulation they put in our Butternut dog food boxes.
They say it’s compostable so we put it in our brown wheelie bin along with grass cuttings etc.
Same with our Pro Dog food deliveries. Smells like neat sheep when you split it out of the plastic bag. We put it in the brown bin also.

Gousto boxes wrapped all the chilled food in the same stuff. I used it for insulation on my T5.1 conversion and it worked well.

We also get Butternut boxes and I've been saving this stuff to do the insulation when I get a 6.1 next year and convert it. The butternut website says it's something called "WoolCool".

I found a link from 2017 when HelloFresh say they moved from WoolCool to PLA so it's plastic 3D printer filament basically!

HelloFresh packaging

Anyone have Hello Fresh? The insulation pouches that the food gets delivers in is mounting up here. Do you think it would be any use for the van? It’s not recyclable and seems a waste to throw out.

View attachment 201289
Hi I appreciate this thread is a few months old now but I'm after some of this insulation as packing for a collection I have. I dont suppose you have any of this left?

Hi I appreciate this thread is a few months old now but I'm after some of this insulation as packing for a collection I have. I dont suppose you have any of this left?
Hi there I have a few of these about 3 or 4 if you are still looking for some. Happy to post instead of throwing out.

Hi there I have a few of these about 3 or 4 if you are still looking for some. Happy to post instead of throwing out.
Hi, still looking for this so more than happy to take it off your hands and many thanks for getting back to me. If you could kindly let me postage/packing costs that would be great - thanks again

Hi, still looking for this so more than happy to take it off your hands and many thanks for getting back to me. If you could kindly let me postage/packing costs that would be great - thanks again
Hi Wattsey. I have tons of this stuff that I’ve been holding on to so that I can insulate a van. However now I’m emigrating to a far away island so not taking the van! Would you like it? I can post some but there’s so much of it. It would be best if you can collect. I’m in West Sussex. Let me know if you’re nearby. Best wishes

Hi Wattsey. I have tons of this stuff that I’ve been holding on to so that I can insulate a van. However now I’m emigrating to a far away island so not taking the van! Would you like it? I can post some but there’s so much of it. It would be best if you can collect. I’m in West Sussex. Let me know if you’re nearby. Best wishes
Hi I was actually sent some from another source, at best I could take one more bags worth for future use if that would help but understand if you want to get rid of it all in one go?

Hey I think I found someone who will collect it but there’s so much I’m not 100% sure they will want all of it. Are you in the Sussex area or south east?

It's very useful stuff to augment the insulation in cool boxes as well. Not had Hello Fresh for a while but I keep a few of the insulation packs for this.

Hey I think I found someone who will collect it but there’s so much I’m not 100% sure they will want all of it. Are you in the Sussex area or south east?
Hi I'm in Chandlers Ford near Eastleigh Hants so unfortunately unless your close to the Hampshire border it wouldn't be worth me picking some up ..?

Back