Has Anyone Gone To Northern Spain At Easter Time?

Elvis Romerez

Hi All,

Thinking of getting the ferry to Bilbao at Easter and wondered if anyone had done this? I have a 6 year old so I am wondering would there be enough to do? Is it warm enough to go in the pools / sea? Also anyone have any recommendations of where to go?

Thanks

Can't comment on the weather, which is likely to be variable. There are plenty of good beaches and mountains not far from the coast too. If you want to book campsites Pitchup is a good place to start.

What do you like doing? Away from the coast you can head south to the Rioja region for interesting wine experiences; there is a good campsite in Haro. Or heading west to Asturias takes you to the more industrial region. We had an interesting trip down a closed coal mine by narrow gauge railway near Langreo (Ecomuseo Minero Valle de Samuño). There is an Aire next door but I wouldn't recommend it. There are caves in many areas you can visit too.

Just decide what you want to do and have a good time. And don't fail to watch for whales as you cross the Bay of Biscay, they can be spectacular.

We've been to Ile de re in France the last couple of Easter breaks, and it's been early 20s and very comfortable for t-shirts and shorts.

Back