Handover with sratched paintwork

That initial picture is exactly why I also told my dealer not to touch my van at all, and give it to me exactly as it came off the lorry.
The daft thing is judging by the photos, it's totally normal to see a dark colour look like that after some dealership wash processes. They can tend to use old brushes, and sponges, and dry off with blades and contaminated cloths, creating these holograms and swirls.
Such a shame, and you are better off doing the job yourself, and that includes making sure they don't give it a wash after any service or warranty work.

Sadly this happens far to often! 90% of scratches are from washing or more specifically drying!! I know for a fact Droitwich dry there vehicles with a blade and chamois leather.. these are literally the worst things you can use!
Every time my T5 went for a service at Droitwich I told them not to wash it (they thought I was mad) sadly on one occasion some idiot washed it! I couldn't believe the damage they did, it took 3 days of correction to sort it.
I'm sure Tom will sort it! It's just f&£king irritating!
Here is a great place to buy detailing products to look after your van once Tom has worked his magic.
www.polishedbliss.com

I bought my 2017 kombi from a main dealer who had it as their demonstator from new, for five months.
I was/am stunned by how abused the paint is/was.

They must have used 100% neat TFR as a pre wash, as the, normally black, wheel bolt covers were bleached white and the silver electro galving on the the brake calipers is completely gone leaving them looking tierd and old. ( unlike my mates early 2016 camper ).

When ever any of my vans have to a dealer I insist they dont wash them. I also get them to do a vehicle inspection before I leave it with them so they cant excuse any damage as being there before.

Back