Had the T6 for a year now and gonna upgrade the sounds!

GavMc P11GT

Firstly our van is a T6 Highline so does anyone know what the stock set up is beyond the door cards I had it in bits this time last year and cannot remember what’s in there! I know there’s a few different speaker sizes depending on trim level or so I’m at to believe.

I’ve a set of brand new in the box focal 16.5 components from a previous build that never got used and hope to use these here! I gather all I would need for fitment would be a set of collars?

Will the doors take 16.5’s or will they be too small? Also I read something about needing collars with waterproof shields was that only the T5 or something that still needs addressed on the T6?

I pre wired to the back before my conversion for an amp under the rnr bed and speakers in the back but have decided I want a set in the rear barn doors if anyone has installed speakers in the top part of the barn doors I’d be interested in some pictures Im probably making some custom pods for them as doubt there will be anything off the shelf.

Any help appreciated thanks!

I think the speaker setup will depend on the head unit but unless you've got dyaudio set up or a Caravelle it will be speakers in the front door cards and possibly tweeters in the A pillars. If you have factory tweeters then there will be a grille in your A pillar cover.

16.5cm will require a collar to fit, you will need to protect the backs from water, either by fitting a shield or you can make one from dynamat if you are sound deadening the doors.

I think the speaker setup will depend on the head unit but unless you've got dyaudio set up or a Caravelle it will be speakers in the front door cards and possibly tweeters in the A pillars. If you have factory tweeters then there will be a grille in your A pillar cover.

16.5cm will require a collar to fit, you will need to protect the backs from water, either by fitting a shield or you can make one from dynamat if you are sound deadening the doors.
Already sound proofed the life out of the doors it’s got standard speakers and tweeters. Will have to look into shields! Cheers!

ok so speaker collars have arrived I’m planning to install them this weekend I don’t have an Amp as yet so will just be running from the Kenwood 4x50 Head unit I’ve just taken an A puller out and was surprised at the standard tweeter I’ve not seen a stock tweeter look so beefy!!

I gather the little circuit board there is the crossover?? Is there much point switching these out? And if I leave the standard tweeter I’ll not need to install my crossovers??

It’s no big deal if I do need to change these I just don’t want to swap them out for the sake of it.

The amp I plan to buy is one of those mini Vibe 4ch amps that uses the stock wiring/ cabling

Any help greatly appreciated chaps!

image.jpg

So would the vibe powerbox amp still work ok if we are using a separate crossover and tweeter as is my understanding to use those tweeters and crossovers I’d be bypassing the standard harness to the tweeter?

So would the vibe powerbox amp still work ok if we are using a separate crossover and tweeter as is my understanding to use those tweeters and crossovers I’d be bypassing the standard harness to the tweeter?
The OEM harness does not have separate feeds to tweeter and lo-mids all the way from head unit (except perhaps in fancier dynaudio oem setups). So if you use OEM wiring any crossover set up at the amp will affect both the tweeter and mid, not good.

If you have separate crossovers with your Focal tweeters it should be fine to use them and OEM wiring while feeding both front tweeters and lo-mids with 2 channels of amp. So basically just desolder or cut the wire from base of OEM tweeter and connect your crossover and tweeter there instead. This way you can reuse OEM connector if your tweeters were not part of some plug-and-play kit wit correct plug already.

Yesterday I replaced my door speakers and the A pillar tweeters with some Feelart from Skipton Car Radio.
I’m going to buy an amp next week-probably that vibe 4 channel, as SCR had that as an option.
It might be worth speaking to them as they were very knowledgeable about crossovers and connections etc and also they supply the T6 plug and play wiring for the amp.

Back