Grilled - - something

MikeB

T6 Pro
I suppose I should see it as an opportunity to put in a Caravelle one instead of the standard H/line.

Grrr. How much is this going to cost? What's involved? Haven't had a chance to grovel around seeing what I've got to take off to replace the damn thing. Bet it's bumper off - -

IMG_0682.JPG

Last edited:
Yep, bumper off.

Mine was £60 odd second-hand, but I got a free wood pigeon out of it.

I'd be more worried about the rads behind.
As was I. Fortunately, all good it seems. This damage would have been mid-trip 2 weeks ago (I remember a "bang") and no water loss so the rad is ok. What's the smaller , lower one on a 204? If aircon, it's fine and if it's the intercooler it would appear fine too. Transpires a replacement is £85 - but £280'ish for a Caravelle one!!! It's going in for cambelt change later in the year so it'll get done then when the bumper's off anyway.

Last edited:
Sign up to VIP and you could post a wanted ad, standard grilles are something people tend to change so you might find one going cheap? It's a doddle to get the bumper off plenty of info on here.

There's a THQ video which a lot of people have followed, for swapping lights. The only thing they miss is the fog light connection.

Genuine grill from vw is only about £57 + vat and comes with badge etc. Been there and got that t-shirt!

Reactions: CAB
Back