Greetings

HoopDub

I fix stuff
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Thought I'd pop in, say hello, take in the vibe of the room, 3 fingers of Glenlivet no ice please bar keep.

Matthew is the name. HoopDub is a mash up of my two favourite pastimes Basketball and Volkswagens.
I have been ruining perfectly good vw's for almost three decades now. Currently in the stable a mk7 golf gti, i have also purchased a T6 startline, I've not picked it up as yet.
Thought I'd better sign up here and take in some knowledge of this particular breed before i start tinkering with it.

I've had transporters in the past, T4 flavour. Had a couple of mk1 caddy pick ups, a mk1 golf, lots of mk2 golfs, a few mk3 golfs, old beetles, a new (2003) beetle tdi, many polo variants.

As im getting older though, comfort and practicality has taken top spot on my priorities list when it comes to vehicles.

Thats said, i still want the upcoming T6 to look a little better, so wheels and a good suspension investment will be my first and probably only exterior change. The rest will be sound system and a bit of carpet.

Once the van is here and in daily use, the golf will be up for sale. It is a lovely car, really quick, but such a waste sat on the drive. (I use a renault scenic as a daily school bus ) the T6 will cover my urge to VW and be the daily workhorse, so no need for the other two then.

Anyway, thanks for reading this far, hope i haven't bored you too much.
Look forward to trading knowledge with you all

hello hoopdub me too a newbie , think I've had a few more vws than you,, lol ,its in the blood system, me too, just got a t6 ,and looking to smarten it up a bit, have you sold the golf ?? any info on it ,, thanks, gedd blackpool

Cheers matey. Golf is still here. I've not really tried that hard to sell it. It so much fun to drive haha. Here is a link to my advert on facebook.

Im slowly making progress on the van. Stripped all interior out and started sound deadening the cab area, new audio system, reversing camera. I've got wheels and suspension ready in my shed to go on. Finding the time to get on with anything is tough haha.

Reactions: CAB
Back