Greetings from France

Tredder76

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

I've been on this forum for a couple of years now, lurking in the back ground, and have never taken the time to say hello. New year, new resolutions!

I live in Toulouse, France, I currently own a 2018 T6 Transporter 4M TSI in fairly basic interior spec which is my daily, but owned a 2018 Highline T6 150 TDI for a couple of years before. I have been upgrading my van little by little:

- new Golf R steering wheel (work in progress as none of the buttons work, re-re-reading the various posts before I attempt anything)
- bench seat removed and replaced with a captains chair
- new Kutamo trim seat covers (I can confirm that there are differences between T5, T6 and T6.1 seats) so these don't fit very well on the T6 seat.
- cabin carpet
- Dynavin stereo
- Rear view camera (work in progress)
- addition of three individual passenger seats in second row
- carpeted and insulated load bay sides and roof (work in progress)
- swamper style body molds (not installed very well)
- Twin Monotube comfort coilovers (vans sitting at about 1.9m I think)
- Twin Monotube AT18 wheels (also have a set of Stitches & Steel 18" steelies)
- home built double sliding trays in the load bay
- Engine mapped to run bioethanol (work in progress as some minor fueling issues)

Will hopefully have an upgraded instrument cluster by the end of the month, and will continue to refine the van. Needless to say this forum is an invaluable source of info, so many many thanks to all who contribute.

Cheers

Dave

IMG_5993.jpg

Last edited:
Your basic spec has LED front lights and front fogs ! I like the startline front bumper look with it. I go to France twice a year and it's noticiable how different spec vans seem to be kitted out over there compared with the UK.
Welcome

Ha, you're right! I meant to say fairly basic interior spec (no comfort dash, fancy radio, carpet, etc), but you're right, the rest of the van is good.

My initial plan when I got the van was to get painted bumpers, but I actually quite like the commercial look :)

Vans over here are fairly standard, nowhere near as much customization as in the UK due to the stricter laws on what you can and can't do with regards to insurance.

Back