Go Outdoors in administration

True Romance

204 TDi DSG LWB
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Real shame if these guys disappear. Had some great deals from them and they stock loads of camping gear.

WTH . . . . .

My fav camping shop.

Hopefully just restructure and stay open but I guess this is going to happen to a lot of high street stores too. Sign of the times!

Oh no big store in Sheffield for years. Sad news fingers crossed

Been shopping there 4 years...

Never even knew....

Back story.....

Looks like they are dumping the cheaper end of the market due to good old internet competition on prices

We’ve spent loads in there. Sad though - great shop!

Only leaves Decathlon but their range no where near as good.

We’ve spent loads in there. Sad though - great shop!

Only leaves Decathlon but their range no where near as good.

Agree on the Decathlon range.

We've got both in Stockport, just a few miles from each other. There is a big billboard slap bang opposite Decathlon's entrance, which Go Outdoors have a permanent option on for their ads!

Agree on the Decathlon range.

We've got both in Stockport, just a few miles from each other. There is a big billboard slap bang opposite Decathlon's entrance, which Go Outdoors have a permanent option on for their ads!
Just finished refurbing the Stockport store as well, haven't had a chance to go in. Might be a closing down sale if no buyer found?

The irony is with such good weather already this year and lots more on the horizon they would have had a bumper year if not for Covid.

They probably still could, I think a lot of people are going to be staying in this country for their holidays for a while yet.

This could be one of the drivers for opening up camp sites later as this could be averted by people being able to go camping and need gear. They have been given more time which indicates something could change...

Back