Glovebox Light Gets Hot

Andy Cody

T6 Pro
This is a bit of a strange one.
Since installing the OEM light in my glovebox I've noticed that the dash pocket directly above gets warm to touch (warm enough to melt a bar of chocolate as my girlfriend discovered!). I've since replaced the OEM bulb with a low temp LED one, however its still warm.
The light is wired to come on with the ignition so is on all the time but I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem.

I'm not wondering if part of the reason why the light isn't supplied as standard (even through the slot is there) is because the standard dash doesn't allow for any room for heat dissipation. Sounds a bit ridiculous but stranger things have happened!

Has anyone else installed one and noticed the same. Or more interestingly has anyone got a standard dash with a glove box light as standard?

Thanks, Andy

There’s a switch that clips in to glovebox hinge so it only comes on when open

Not but I can get it for you, I have a few of the switches at the office but the connector uses a small uninsulated crimp, do you have a crumpet for terminating cables ?
if you want one they are only a few quid can send you a switch pre terminated if it’s easier ?

Hi Pauly, if you have another spare switch wired up, i'll take one for cash mate

Matt

Not but I can get it for you, I have a few of the switches at the office but the connector uses a small uninsulated crimp, do you have a crumpet for terminating cables ?
if you want one they are only a few quid can send you a switch pre terminated if it’s easier ?
Hi Pauly,

Yeah I have a crimp tool. Let me know how much you want for a switch posted.

Cheers! Andy

Yeah I think I still have one or kicking around on a shelf somewhere, pm me if you want one and we can discuss

Back