Glove Box Light Switch?

Grim Reaper

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
My van came without a light in the glove box, I’ve sourced an led one that fits in the cut out where a light should go but I then need a switch to operate it.
Can anyone advise a part number and where it fits? It looks like it should go where there is a black blanking plug alongside the light but can’t be sure.

You have to remove the glovebox to for the switch, it mounts on the right hand side at the back of the glovebox near the end of the slider

5E0947561 Switch
1J0973119 Housing for switch

Hello

Has anyone installed an LED light into thier T6 glove box and where did you source it?
I've only been able to find a T5.1 light that is activated by a switch when the lid opens /closes from Traveline Lite.
Thanks in advance

You have to remove the glovebox to for the switch, it mounts on the right hand side at the back of the glovebox near the end of the slider

5E0947561 Switch
1J0973119 Housing for switch
Do you know the part number for the terminals that fit in the housing

They dont exist anymore, VW no longer sell them they do repair wires instead now

I think VW use Junior Power Timer or Power Timer contacts in most of their connectors.
Fuse Box contacts, plugs & sockets all over the van have been JPT of one form or another. The only difference is the amount of current that the connection has to take makes the decision which contacts are used.
look here

The terminals themselves
or micro timer

I think the part number is 962876-1 for 0.5-1mm2 wires or 962875-1 for 0.2-0.5mm2 wires
or it could be 964275-1 which are micro timer II terminals.
There are so many variations of them it's very hard to work out what it is from the picture alone

Last edited:
Just waste hours of your life digging through the TE section on RS components website that’s what I do

Back