Getting in & out

ChadFagin

Having driven a Caddy for the past 14 years the move to the T6 & a higher seating position has made my knees feel like they've aged 20 years. Any tips on getting in & out that may help ?

What he said. Grab handles on the A pollar.

Also maybe a small fold up step.

I’m the other way around, 6ft 7” having to contort myself to be able squeeze into the drivers seat.

There must be a joke here about letting you borrow a few inches :eek:

I installed an A-pillar grab handle on the passenger side because I didn’t like to see people struggle getting in and out. It’s brilliant.

One day I‘ll splash out for one on the drivers side too. :thumbsup:

Reactions: CAB
Here’s the guide I followed:

And here’s the handle I bought (make sure you get one for the correct side of your vehicle):

I wouldn't be over surprised if you could do a swap with someone looking to do an A pillar delete?

I have seen a few members on here get rid of them (cant remember who) for aesthetics . Maybe worth posting a 'Wanted' ad in the wanted/for sale section.

(note: you will also need VIP membership, which is super handy to have anyway and a bargain, would highly recommend)

My father in law struggles to get in and out of my van as his knees do not bend. I have found the best and safest thing is to carry around a large caravan step with me.... Bear with me! The step which has a lower step then the main step allows him to walk straight into van. It also can be used as a seat for kids or could even be a table between chairs! Everything in van should have at least two uses!

My father in law struggles to get in and out of my van as his knees do not bend. I have found the best and safest thing is to carry around a large caravan step with me.... Bear with me! The step which has a lower step then the main step allows him to walk straight into van. It also can be used as a seat for kids or could even be a table between chairs! Everything in van should have at least two uses!
£23 bargain!

Screenshot_20220610_230715_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220610_230701_com.android.chrome.jpg

Shortly after getting the van my knees started twinging - thoughts of having to sell the van went through my mind. After a while my knees got used to the ‘new exercise’ and they’re fine now.

I’ve started a new job recently that required quite a bit of lifting with my arm muscles (often 25kg) and they’ve gone through the same cycle.

Ian

(PS I’m mid 50’s so no spring chicken!)

Shortly after getting the van my knees started twinging - thoughts of having to sell the van went through my mind. After a while my knees got used to the ‘new exercise’ and they’re fine now.

I’ve started a new job recently that required quite a bit of lifting with my arm muscles (often 25kg) and they’ve gone through the same cycle.

Ian

(PS I’m mid 50’s so no spring chicken!)
Same here, the step idea is OK until I've gotta get back out again to pick it up

Back