VW T6 Gas strut issues!

JJ2513

VIP Member
Hi All,
I was hoping some of you may be able to help with an issue I have with my Tailgate struts on a T6 (Kombi). having bought the van as is it has come with a wheel carrier on the back of the tailgate and the struts have been replaced with the pic below, (NS-V-14-300 Variable Force Gas Strut) the issue I'm having is when the tailgate closes it gets pushed out of alignment as the body of the ram pushes against the body of the van ( tailgate moves left and twist out on that side), seems to be to large to fit inside the gap when the tailgate closes. Also they are rated at 2500N each which seems abit of an over spec!

I was hoping someone knew the diameter of the THQ uprated struts or similar type of strut? and would something around the 1400N load rating be ok for a spare wheel weight? (davenport with BFG fitted)

appreciate any help with this as its going to be a pain ordering some to find out they are either the same diameter or not man enough to lift the tailgate.

James

1667645346302.png

Last edited:
I have just fitted VW T6 / T6.1 Upgraded Tailgate Struts 1250 from THQ. I would estimate their diameter to be 22mm. They seem to work well.

As for whether they will hold your spare wheel up, I suggest you fit them and you will find out.

Back