Gas BBQ recommendations.

Fish

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Looking for suggestions for a BBQ to atatch to my propex system?.
What have you guys got? Recommend etc?.
We normally use our green-egg but space will be limited so looking for alternative.

Thanks.

I've got a carry chef that we used on camping gas when in the tent and it's great and packs away fairly small. I plan to connect it to the external point when we get the van converted.

I haven't yet checked out the regulator connection.

We normally use our green-egg but space will be limited so looking for alternative.

Thanks.
You got expensive tastes could not be bothered with one of those, got a camping gaz BBQ i take to the caravan not got anything for the T6 though I do have a cadac safari with a screw in cylinder I could take. At home I have a Webber Q 2200

What will you be running on your propex system once it's all up and running Fish?

What will you be running on your propex system once it's all up and running Fish?

Just the BBQ and Hob. Heater will be D2.
Once we know how we do with gas I may look at a awning heater.

Thanks.
I'm a recent convert to the BGE - love it and have used it more over the last couple of months since buying it than my kitchen oven. For camping we use our Cadac Grillogas - everything from a full fry-up to paella to curry to BBQ to whatever. The Grillogas is the perfect size for the 3 of us and with the pot stand and a big pan I can, and have, cooked for many more.

Have you had the Propex done yet?

Ha, well it was meant to have been done.. but like a tool I missed/double booked the appointment! And work will always come first (to pay for this tack).
So I have rebooked for 24th of this month.. long old way tho.

You got expensive tastes could not be bothered with one of those, got a camping gaz BBQ i take to the caravan not got anything for the T6 though I do have a cadac safari with a screw in cylinder I could take. At home I have a Webber Q 2200

My brother started me on the Green eggs, always going on about how good they were and thjngs they can cook etc.. so had to get one. Then had to get a camping version.. blooming brilliant thing, just all the fuel etc thats required needs more space than i'll have.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I've listed them down for a google search and comparision..:thumbsup:

My brother started me on the Green eggs, always going on about how good they were and thjngs they can cook etc.. so had to get one. Then had to get a camping version.. blooming brilliant thing, just all the fuel etc thats required needs more space than i'll have.
Nothing suggested above will get close to your Big Green Eggs but, as with most things when camping, it's a bit of a compromise. I did suggest a mini BGE to Jo for camping but she just laughed at me! ;-)

Solved your problem @Fish I know your mad about the Green Egg BBQ so whay not get one of these
IMG_0879.JPG
It's got wheels on so you can pull it behind your van

IMG_0880.JPG
Or you could go for a portable one like this

IMG_0881.JPG
But then you could go for a Heston Bluementhal prtable one at 149 quid mine you I would say that was something the Cali Forum lot would get they seem to like things made by people like him.

Solved your problem @Fish I know your mad about the Green Egg BBQ so whay not get one of these
View attachment 6645
It's got wheels on so you can pull it behind your van

View attachment 6643
Or you could go for a portable one like this

View attachment 6644
But then you could go for a Heston Bluementhal prtable one at 149 quid mine you I would say that was something the Cali Forum lot would get they seem to like things made by people like him.
Keep the Heston overpriced crap for those on the other forum that go on about how you buy a lifestyle. Whereas that green egg one is awwwwweeeeeesome. Reminds me of a Dr Seuss book I had as a kid "Green Eggs and Ham".

Keep the Heston overpriced crap for those on the other forum that go on about how you buy a lifestyle. Whereas that green egg one is awwwwweeeeeesome. Reminds me of a Dr Seuss book I had as a kid "Green Eggs and Ham".

Honestly mate, they teo purchases were great, have never regreted it at all!. Even the wife loves it, we have done all sorts of carrots and peas on it..;)

Mmm BBQ'd carrots, why every red blooded male purchases a fire pit! ;)

We have a Cadac safari too, I think you'd be hard pressed to get a better all round cooking appliance for a camper. Even though we have a Smev 9222 in the van it never ever gets used, the Cadac is the cooker for us, the pizza stone even makes a fair pizza out of a ready made one too. Possibly the only downside is that unlike a disposable it needs washing before putting away but that's the case for any gas BBQ

Back