Folding BBQ/Firepit

8balladdict

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Hi all,

Now I’m in the process of getting my van converted, space is at a premium. I used to take a bucket type bbq with me that I could use as a bbq and then a firepit. That’s now not going to be any good as it’s not very compact or portable so I’m looking to replace it for something foldable and easier to store in the van.

The only option I can really see is the Eurohike one from GoOutdoors or something similar on Amazon. Anyone got any bright ideas of something else worth looking at?

Cheers all.

Seen these before. Do look great but need to function as a bbq as well as a firepit

I’d say a Weber go anywhere or smokey joe, it won’t be as compact as you’d like but you’d have a quality bbq that will last.

I literally bought a charcoal foldup bbq from anmazon and made a carry case for it - about £40 all in. Not the best quality but survived 20+ bbqs to date and still going strong https://amzn.eu/d/1me9N2b cannot imagine spending £150+
Another thumbs up for this one- I’m on only my second after the last one lasted about 5 hrs with no cleaning, just a good burning off before food was put on each time! I too made a carry case for it, I’ll post a pic when I get time. Super flat, super easy to store and fairly big for cooking on!

I'd go along with @Mixersmate on the Weber Go Anywhere but it's not exactly fold flat! On the plus side though, is that it doesn't have to be wasted space as you can store all your BBQ related stuff in it when you travel (inc. a couple of BBQs worth of charcoa)l. I now tend to use mine more at home that when away in the van as I've now got a Cadac which suits my personal requirements better but agree that it (along with most other Weber stuff) is a real quality piece of kit.

I'd go along with @Mixersmate on the Weber Go Anywhere but it's not exactly fold flat! On the plus side though, is that it doesn't have to be wasted space as you can store all your BBQ related stuff in it when you travel (inc. a couple of BBQs worth of charcoa)l. I now tend to use mine more at home that when away in the van as I've now got a Cadac which suits my personal requirements better but agree that it (along with most other Weber stuff) is a real quality piece of kit.
That’s a pretty good point, do need to store the charcoal somewhere I guess!

Another thumbs up for this one- I’m on only my second after the last one lasted about 5 hrs with no cleaning, just a good burning off before food was put on each time! I too made a carry case for it, I’ll post a pic when I get time. Super flat, super easy to store and fairly big for cooking on!
Hoping you mean 5 years, rather than months! :D

We have a ‘go outdoors’ notebook BBQ and has served us well for camping as a bbq and improvised fire pit and also small cooking sessions in the garden at home. Ideal if you just want to cook 4 burgers, 4 sausages, chicken skewers and some squeaky cheese.

@8balladdict did you get anything in the end?

We recently got a Snowpeak tabiki fire & grill

I don't even have a van yet, but we wanted a new firepit and decided to get one which we can take away with us and also serve as a BBQ if needed. We saw it at the campervan show at the NEC.

I got this today from Amazon. Same quality as the VW one and £100 cheaper. Only £44
IMG_0232.jpegIMG_0233.jpeg

This is ours, heavy, comes apart and is flat, not cheap but good, can get them from etsy, and I've seen them at vw shows 20230429_192359.jpg20230429_210943.jpg20230429_194009.jpgScreenshot_20230504-172811_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Back