Front parking sensors; random

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
Sometimes my front sensors automatically kick in, other times I need to push the dash button. Any idea what activates them?!

Mine only come on if I select reverse first or press the button.

Mine fronts only come on when i engage revese, if i pull on the drive i switch them on to pull up to the garge door as @Loz says

Mine only come on if I select reverse first or press the button.
Hmmm; I've definitely had them activate without having selected reverse or pushed the button (very narrow, overgrown country lanes for example); slightly mysterious.

I wish they were automatically available like they were on the T'reg I have come quite close to a couple of things and the city braking cut in and stopped it fortunately.

Surprised it dont come on, as you two have posh T6s ;)

Last edited:
Maybe I've "tripped" mine when they have come on.
I can't believe they were an option though; they should be very standard!

You only get rear parks on the highline its extra for fronts and extra for rear camera

I was only "allowed" to spec front and rear sensors (not just rear) yet on our T5.1 Cali, having 4motion meant you couldn't spec front sensors; random!!

This was how it works on mine and how it was explained by the dealer.

When selecting reverse all are activated (F/R semsors & CAM). They then will switch off automatically when you go faster than 15kph or when obstacle is out of detection area.

So suggestion is when moving forward only and no reverse selected you need to activate the front sensors using the on dash button. If you pass through R pausing for a second all are activated.

...message ends...

I am finding the same thing the front sensors only work if you remember to press the dash button. Bonkers. Never driven another vehicle where this has to be done for front to work. Did anyone manage to find a fix?

I am finding the same thing the front sensors only work if you remember to press the dash button. Bonkers. Never driven another vehicle where this has to be done for front to work. Did anyone manage to find a fix?

No fix this is how they work.

It is a bit annoying having to turn them on when parking going forwards, but would be even more annoying if they were on all the time.

they would be bleeping all the time in traffic queue if they came on all the time

Last edited:
The front sensors in my last 2 cars only came on below a set speed and I have never come close enough to the car in front when queuing for them to activate.

Back