Front Parking Sensors Help Please

Base1388

Romany - Plumber
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All

Is it possible to disable FRONT parking sensors, keeping rear sensors and rear view camera ??
VCDS ???
VAG ???

That's the question please. Now the reason

New My18 T6 High-line paid for and almost ready for me to collect.
I asked for a sport line front bumper to be fitted !

I ordered with out front parking sensors !
But its been delivered with front sensors !

On the sport line bumper I've never been keen on the front sensor holes (either side of number plate) so when the bumper arrived i took it away and had the holes fiber-glassed and filled, primed and ready to spray.
Bumper is now sprayed and ready for them to fit, but if they fit it the front sensors will go mad all the time as I've filled the holes now !

They say they can not disable front sensors without disabling rear sensors and camera !

If can not be disabled i.m left with a useless front bumper I can not fit. Can not re instate original holes for sensors NO !

Many thanks for any help in advance people's

Romany

You might find that the sensors will not work if they’re simply unplugged, which will save coding.

Someone on here will know whether that’ll work / will be able to check (no front sensors myself otherwise I’d try).

I'm sure there are 2 parking sensor ecu's. One for 4 sensors (just rear) and one for 8 (both)
I'll do a swap with you becuase I could do with the front one.
VCDS coding will be needed but thats quite easy.

there are two PDC module options as mentioned above.

just front and front/Rear. . . . .

if you just unplug the front sensors the PDC system will go into fault and shut down and stop working.

you may need to swap out the 8way PDC for the 4way PDC and recode.

a great option for a swap above.

instead of swapping and recodeing why not just tape them up and cable tie them out the way

instead of swapping and recodeing why not just tape them up and cable tie them out the way

because they will detect the tape and beep like they are right in-front of an object and be very annoying. (will show RED on the PDC and beep fast/loud)

AFAIK you will need to swap the control module for the PDC, its located under the steering wheel and is very easy to access
The module you have will say Parkhilfe 8K on it, you need to swap it for one that says 4K then you will be able to unplug the front sensors
Just a word of warning though if you delete the front sensors you will obsolete the dash 'P' button and you may also need to disconnect the second beeper/speaker as not sire if the module will sense it and get upset

In all honesty if you also remove the sensors and wiring for it then you will have the main components for someone else to do a front upgrade as these kits are quite expensive, i would think someone here will have a 4K module who has already upgraded (i have already put mine to use) and i would think the parts you remove would be worth a tidy sum of dosh (assuming you dont want to keep hold of them)

Many Thanks @Pauly
May i ask what the dash 'P' button is please ? that may be obsolete
Thank you

I'm all a bit nervous about this now, when i spoke to the dealers about this they said they couldn't solve it.
Weather they can not be bothered I don't know.

I've often mentioned this forum to them as I have often known more than them !
I consider I know very little.
I suggested I would ask the forum this evening to see whats suggested. They agreed.

I've paid for the van now too,
I've also discovered the passenger seat is not a captains seat as i ordered.
it's just a passenger seat without arm rests

And i never got my sunglasses case !

Its switches PDC on if you need it on without going into reverse.

Or

Switches it off once it's started up... say if parked up.

So it enable/disables PDC.

Last edited:
@Pauly
Hello Sir

Im asking if you can source me a Parkhilfe 4K module please ? or a part number i can take to Imperial Commercials
Jay at extreme van who's going fit my HiLo and a Ghost beginning of November he can sort these sensors for me.
I'm planning to buy the module in advance, then sell all the bits.

Many thanks

It will be very expensive if you buy it new, I’m sure several members have upgraded by adding front sensors so will have removed a 4K module and replaced with an 8k
@Nickdaw ?

You could try a wanted post in the sale section
I will dig out a part number and you can have a search online also, may be able to pick one up cheap on eBay as don’t think they are unique to T6

It will be very expensive if you buy it new, I’m sure several members have upgraded by adding front sensors so will have removed a 4K module and replaced with an 8k
@Nickdaw ?
yes i have my 4k one i took out spare, im sure i will not use it.
also the have the blank swtich, if you take out the p button

Last edited:
OOOOOOooooo
@Nickdaw
Please please that would be mint if ya selling them?
How can i send you money ? I can do a bank transfer or paypal you if ya wanna sell

Thank you

Back