Front Fog Wiring Connectors

Dundee_Kev

MOT Tester
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening all,

I have just fitted front fogs to my t6. They were from AliExpress and came with the universal wiring with relay attached.

As I want them working as per factory, I have got rid of the relay, earthed to the body and run both live wires from the lights into drivers footwell and a replacement light switch is already fitted.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows the part numbers for the repair wires at the bcm or even what sizes of bare terminals would be required?

Maybe @Pauly or @Dellmassive could be the the guys with the knowledge

Cheers

Think I saw retrofit fog light cable kits here a couple of days ago:

Thanks for that. But as I already have the wiring in place, I'm just looking to get hold of the correct repair wires or terminals to add onto my wires.

Sorry maybe I misunderstood, do you mean the cables on the left in this image?

IMG_5192.jpeg

Yeah, the ones on the left. I literally just need the correct size wires with the terminals fitted for the bcm or just the correct sized bare terminals for me to add to my wires.

If your vans a highline then you will probably already have the cable from the fusebox to the BCM that feeds the foglights
The pin for the light switch is the standard small square crimp that is common throughout the VAG range

not sure what crimp you need for the fog outputs from the BCM as theres a few different sized connectors on there, do you have the pin numbers you need to connect to ?

If your vans a highline then you will probably already have the cable from the fusebox to the BCM that feeds the foglights
The pin for the light switch is the standard small square crimp that is common throughout the VAG range
Afraid mine is a startline, so mine doesn't have the wire from the fusebox. Looking at the bcm multiplug the space for the terminal is noticeably larger than the feed out to the fog lights.

not sure what crimp you need for the fog outputs from the BCM as theres a few different sized connectors on there, do you have the pin numbers you need to connect to ?
Appears I need to connect fog outputs to pin numbers 9 and 10 on white plug and fused feed to number 11

Appears I need to connect fog outputs to pin numbers 9 and 10 on white plug and fused feed to number 11
Hi Kev, How did you get on with this? my van is a startline, and I was also going to go down the aliexpress route, I am aware a few people have wired the fogs outwith the bcm with a switch on the dash, cuts out the middle man for coding etc, just want to find the easiest way to get them hooked up, Cheers

Hi Kev, How did you get on with this? my van is a startline, and I was also going to go down the aliexpress route, I am aware a few people have wired the fogs outwith the bcm with a switch on the dash, cuts out the middle man for coding etc, just want to find the easiest way to get them hooked up, Cheers
Yeah, got them wired up to the bcm. So all works as per factory. I found an old Porsche wiring loom we had replaced on a customers car that had the correct terminals I needed.

For you to hook up the fogs, you'll just need to connect the relay and fogs to an earth, a fused live feed to relay and pin into the headlamp switch for activating the relay. You will need to get yourself a new headlamp switch with front fog lamps on it. Good opportunity to upgrade to an aftermarket auto light switch.

Remember you'll need to get new bumper inserts for the fog lights.

Cheers Kev, thanks for the info, much appreciated, and this will help, Would you know if still need the bumper inserts,
if using the replica front sportline spoiler, or do the fogs bolt directly onto that?.
I think the sportline fog grilles have a knock-out piece for foglights, the front spoiler is not arriving till next week so I don't know the setup, as yet. Thanks

@cairn15 yes, bumper off and inserts thrown in bin to make way for new inserts. The knock out trims on the sport line spoiler is only to allow the fogs to shine through.

Assuming you have no front parking sensors, then these are the part numbers to search for 7E0807489D and 7E0807490D. I paid £19 each, but they appear to be £25 now.

Thanks again Kev, My van has front parking sensors, I'm not sure if the outermost sensors are fitted in the new grille inserts, or if they are incorporated in the sportline spoiler fog moulding covers, I have heard that there can be signalling issues due to, original sport spoilers having 'built up' sensor mounts to overcome the bumper spoiler extension.
I'm getting my van ready to go in for some paintwork soon, so I will be looking to drill my new smooth bumpers for sensors, and have everything ready to be refitted when it comes back, Again Many Thanks.

Back