Front fog warning after LED install

Arrow

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello! Happy new year Folks.

Installed LED fog lights, said they are the non fault ones suitable for the T6.1. the right side is fine however the left one keeps popping up a Left fog light failure alarm. Works fine but the warning is a pain in the arse.

Any idea how to resolve, I've tried 2 different types and no luck, standard halogen works fine but they look crap against the bright white DRL's.

Any way to reprogram the fault alarm or raise the fault threshold etc. I assume it's down to a resistance discrepancy of some sort.

Thanks!

Cheers, worth a pop!

Did you put these on top of Canbus Leds?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those don’t have the correct pattern and shouldn’t have an led that points straight out.
our fog lenses have a reflector that requires a lamp in the correct position to give the correct pattern with a horizontal cutoff.

They are super bright and work perfectly without being blinding at all. Never been flashed at and driven behind the wife who said they were fine.
Unless they have the correct beam pattern they won't work for you in the fog it will just get reflected back at you, unless they are just for show, driving without fog etc.

Unless they have the correct beam pattern they won't work for you in the fog it will just get reflected back at you, unless they are just for show, driving without fog etc.
Not to mention the legality of driving with fog lights on if the visibility is greater than 100 yards.

Obviously only in the fog officer ……as cornering lights they actually lights the floor now compared to the halogen bulbs that do nothing.
I agree that the halogens are pants, but there are LEDs like the ones I use that are correct in their alignment.

I agree that the halogens are pants, but there are LEDs like the ones I use that are correct in their alignment.
What ones do you recommend? I'd rather have something that actually benefits Fog conditions.

Also, do they need a resistor!?

Despite driving round with my foglights on to look cool in the early 90's, I don't think I've ever been in a situation where they have been of benefit over dipped headlights at all.

The fog bulbs I use are from autobeam (LED H11 Switchback Fog Unit)
You get the best of both worlds, White for the cornering lights and switch to yellow for driving in the fog.

Beware though, they aren't water resistant so the un-sealed fogs of the T6/6.1 will probably cause issues over time.. I did have one failure due to moisture but their customer support was good and replaced it very quickly. I applied silicone conformal coating and sealant to the replacement bulbs, they are still working fine with no errors.

(The wires are cut for the replacement warranty claim)
1641388938940.png

What ones do you recommend? I'd rather have something that actually benefits Fog conditions.

Also, do they need a resistor!?

( should probably merge these threads)

Back