Front door window rattle when closing doors

david173

2017 T6 150PS SWB Kombi, work in progress...
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have 2017 T6 Factory kombi.

I find that when I close the front doors when the window is open at all the glass seams to rattle slightly? Its the same both sides. Never has this on any other vehicle, I didn't know if it was just because its a commercial vehicle and i'm yet to apply any sound deadening or insulation to the front doors? I have wind deflectors fitted but It was the same before I fitted them and its no difference since

Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Thanks!

I have this aswell and interested to know solution before I start investing myself. Glass also vibrates when driving on rough roads when windows are partially open.

I suspect it could just be how it is. ill take a more in depth look when i strip the doors for sound deadening in a few weeks time

I’ve noticed this as well but always just thought it was the wind deflectors flapping about. Interested if some easy fix could be deviced.

Reactions: mmi
I habitually leave my windows open slightly under the wind deflectors when parked and because of this, they both rattle as described when you shut the doors. I've learnt to live with it but have always put it down to VW vans being built by cost cutting cheapskates.

same here hence I noticed it, I wondered if the caravelles or californias had thicker glass than the standard vans and VW just made all the frames the same hence slight wobble with the thinner glass?
on such an expensive vehicle it doesnt half sound crap

I suspect it could just be how it is. ill take a more in depth look when i strip the doors for sound deadening in a few weeks time
One of mine does rattle, yet the drivers door is solid. Both doors sound deadened and foam lined. If you do find the reason I would be interested to understand why this happens.

My driver's door glass came off the runner and since repair it rattles if not fully closed or fully opened.No rattles on passenger side though.

This window rattle irritates me on my 67 plate Startline. I always have them open a centimetre or two behind the wind deflectors. Mine also rattle when driving unless I lower them a bit more (or close them completely).

When I bought the van last year I did some searching online about this as it’s quite disheartening to have such a poor-quality rattle every time you walk away from the van after closing the door. I chalked it up to “that’s just how it is” after reading reports from others who have the same window rattle on Golfs and other VWs, so it’s interesting to learn in this thread that some windows don’t rattle… Feels like there may be some hope yet!

I wonder if over time the rubber seals might stiffen or perish in some way that prevents holding the glass snug?

Mines a rattler too. 2020 poverty-line, couple of inches down it rattles, bit further down or up it stops. It's a van I suppose! Mildly irritating if I've had a bad day! A fix would be good tho'! I did have a Maestro van back in the day, that was considribbly worse!

Back