Front Assist Unavailable after Tow Bar Fit

MattCo

Hi all,

I have just fitted a towbar to my van (27 plate T6.1) and I now have a front assist unavailable fault on the dash. The only fault is in the adaptive cruise module which is module not coded correctly or something along those lines.

I added the towbar to the central electronic unit (gateway) (obdeleven did this automatically) I have also changed the parking sensors to have a removable towbar.

I had the same issue with my old T6.1 which I took this towbar off. Does anyone have any idea what I have done wrong/ the steps I need to take to code the towbar on a t6.1?

Thanks

If the trailer has a heavy nose weight, it will compress the vans rear suspension to a point where the front radar is pointing too high and will be outside of its parameters to work properly.

Thanks for your comment, I don't have any on the towbar at the moment but I assume that is why the front assist needs to be coded so it deactivates when something is on the hitch.

I suspect it’s a coding issue. ACC is disabled if you have a trailer plugged in to the trailer socket & there is a light out on the trailer. There’s all sorts of interaction between the trailer module & front assist. Try plugging a (good) trailer in & see if anything changes.

in the ACC coding, you need to indicate that the tow hitch is installed! (at least on vw t6 it was like that)

Thats quite a good link above, the instructions show all modules that can be programmed if present

Encoding Gateway_19 Installations List -> 69 Trailer hitch control module -> installed
Encoding EZE_09 (electronic central electric controller): Access authorisation: 31347 Adaptation -10 Adaptation channel: networking trailer connection device -> installed Trailer hitch control module -> installed
Encoding DIS_13 (distance control) Access authorisation 20103 Encoding Control module for trailer -> installed
Encoding ZKS_46 (central module comfort system) Trailer control unit -> installed
Encoding SWA_3C (lane change assistant) Trailer control unit -> installed
Encoding SCH_17 (control panel insert) Trailer control unit -> installed
Encoding RFK_6C (reversing camera system) Trailer detection -> installed
Encoding STF_74 (chassis control) Trailer -> installed
Encoding EPH_10 (PDC controller) Trailer ->Trailer device can be removed manually
Encoding FFF_A5 (front sensor system controller) Trailer electronics -> installed
Encoding HDE-6D (boot lid electronics controller) Controller for trailer -> installed

Most people will only need to worry about doing modules 19, 09, 13, 10, 17
The rest are factory options and will only be present if the van was ordered with them

Thanks so much for all your help, I found the thing I missed probably because it's called control module for towing sensor!Screenshot_20230219-193142.png
The instructions say to code the dash but there's no option for trailer control unit in the options, the only two are, trailer positioning assistant and towing capacity display. Should these be activated?
Screenshot_20230219-193245.png

Hi @MattCo
Did the coding sort your issues? Just fitted a dedicated PF jones kit and have the same issue with Front Assist Unavailable showing. Havent had anything coded yet.
Thanks George

Hi @MattCo
Did the coding sort your issues? Just fitted a dedicated PF jones kit and have the same issue with Front Assist Unavailable showing. Havent had anything coded yet.
Thanks George
Hi, the coding did sort it. I had missed one of the modules off which was causing the fault. The problem I found was the instructions didn't match the module descriptions.

Back