Forty Winks Beds

It's a 27.5er it's a long bike though, 2020 whyte 901.

To be clear you have to lie it down underneath, it won't stand up under there, quick piccy

View attachment 87318
Ah ok - I see what you mean - unfortunately that won't work with 5 bikes :p think I'll need to go to a tow bar mounted bike rack to accommodate the ebike as well

Ah ok - I see what you mean - unfortunately that won't work with 5 bikes :p think I'll need to go to a tow bar mounted bike rack to accommodate the ebike as well
I guess you could make a high platform instead similar to the back of a crafter or similar sprinter like people do?

I did enquire a few months back as I'd like to transport my bike(s) and have a bed in the back at the same time.
Quite a challenge.... I'll have a search for a group buy thread (is there one?).

I think stitches and steel do a bed that drops down from the ceiling, worth a nosey!

Yeah I seen this during extensive web searching but never came across a price.
Its a smart idea but I do have my concerns about suspending a bed from the ceiling of the van with guy ropes. I think the guys are for storage of the bed only, and there appears to be a dependency on their raised floor kit which kind of puts us back to the original bike storage issue.

Breakdown vid I came across

Getting the balance right is proving difficult, the SWB Kombi has a premium limitation of space. I think its possible, I just don't have the skills, but its tempted to have a go.

Last edited:
Hi guys I’m new to here, I’ve got a fortywinks bed and was wandering what kitchen pods or slide outs you’d recommend to go under it? Looking for a a slide pull out which runs along the side of the van so I still have boot space. Any ideas.?

Smart!! I wish I was that handy. I was wanting something to house a stove etc. For my trips out with the kids .

We are new to the Transporter scene and recently bought a Forty Winks Kombi bed frame without a mattress. I’m chuffed to bits with the frame, it’s so well put together, the frame is heavy gauge steel, powder coated, with heavy boards that are carpet finished. It fits so well into the rear of my van, on the mounting points, secure and rattle free, thanks to Matt ‘T6 Owner’ for his help with the installation, great guy with a nice van.
I visited Forty Winks today @Giltbrook just outside Nottingham, spoke with Ryan, the owner, a great set up, with lots of frames in the making. Ryan was ace, really easy to get on with, chilled and helpful. We bought a Forty Winks mattress to match the frame we had, getting slowly ready to get out there as soon as we can, it’s vac packed so was easy to take away and now opened up its a nice big size and comfy even in the floor!
Really worth checking out Forty Winks beds for your van, they are really versatile, leaving a lot of useable space when folded away, it’s dead easy to use and well made. Ryan has some great business plans for expansion in combination with some the well known van accessory and converter businesses.
Thanks Forty Winks, Ryan.

Reactions: CAB
I know this is an old thread but wanted to ask anyone who has a Forty Winks Kombi bed....can you manage to take either the single or double split seats out ( and then back in) whilst the bed is in place. I imagine it would be awkward but possible but don't want to buy unless I know it is possible.

Many thanks.

Hmm not sure, the seats need to slide backwards to get off the mounts in the floor and it's they are up against the bed as it is...

Back