Foot Operated Headlight Dip-switch

Karamu

I have a T6 Transporter now one year old and I'd appreciate advice about how I might install a foot operated floor-switch to control headlight switching between low beam and high beam.

I'd prefer that the floor-switch operates in parallel to the hand-operated switch on the steering wheel stalk, that is, I do not want to decommission the switch on the steering wheel stalk.

If it involves complexities of having to adjust the onboard computer, or it compromises the integrity of the computer's fault sensing, then I'd quickly park the idea as being a bit beyond my capabilities.

Your advice and assistance much appreciated thanks.

Arthur

I’m not best placed to answer that, but if you have no luck, you could try asking the OP of this post how he went about retrofitting High Beam Assist

Hba Retrofit

Now that is a retro fit. I remember they were sited on the floor decades ago!

Just piggyback the feeds too and from the lever.
upload_2019-8-6_12-42-17.png

The main issue is whether you have H4 or H7 as the H4 low beam needs switching off, but if you had H7 you only need to bring on and off the Highbeam with your foot switch.

By referring to another thread I can see that I have the H4 headlight variant... so having to simultaneously switch off the low beam circuit when switching to high beam, means that I cannot run with both the stalk switch and the floor switch because they'll end up opposing each other; low beam on via one switch and high beam on via the other. I'd have to decommission the stalk switch, which I don't really want to do; or maybe an extra switching relay could be configured to overcome the problem (and if I'm honest with myself this complexity is probably beyond me).

Back