Folding Mirrors

Jonnyash

VIP Member
A bit of a random one , I’ve noticed my folding mirrors randomly decided to unfold during the middle of the night !
Thought I was going mad until I checked on the cameras , has anyone else experienced such wizardry ?

Yes, mine are the same, I was just about to ask the same. I notice, if I’m not wrong that your picture shows Leighton Vans, that’s where I got my 2018 150 T32. Coincidence....

Mine doesn’t unlock. I have been thinking about how I fold them. Maybe, when I use the key fob with a single press to lock and then press again for a few seconds to fold the mirrors they remain folded, however, if when locking the doors I keep the button pressed to lock and fold at the same time, this is when they unfold. Not sure, but it’s weird that it takes hours for them to unfold.

I never noticed the indicators flash , it was locked when I checked it .
Just the mirrors unfolded :whistle: , they were folded on the key fob and not by the switch.
I’ll keep an eye on it to see if any further random things are happening

Happened again last night, it’s been a while since they last unfolded. I am almost positive I pressed the key fob button twice, so that’s that theory gone.

ok thanks for the update, mine haven't done it again yet :whistle:
when you say pushed the button twice ? a long press to lock and fold mirrors is how mine works , I thought pressing the button twice disables the deadlocking.

If you have your key in your pocket you might be unlocking it, thus the mirrors folding down. (Check if yours fold down on unlock)
This is also the cause of finding the windows open unexpectedly.
You won’t find the door unlocked in the morning as it will self lock 30seconds later if you don’t open a door.
Yes, double press locks without deadlock.
Single press-with-hold is the correct method.

Last edited:
Am I missing something here.
Mine fold on long press lock, but don't unfold on unlock, only when I put the key in the ignition and turn.

Am I missing something here.
Mine fold on long press lock, but don't unfold on unlock, only when I put the key in the ignition and turn.
Good point, I was just thinking about that.

Also the power has to be available so I wonder why the van is not asleep?

Does this happen within 15minutes of locking the van?

Q: When you saw it on the CCTV, how long was it after you walked away?

It was around 2am in the morning, van had been locked for around 6 hours and just seemed to randomly open the mirrors .

Mine does exactly what your describing. There is no way I am catching the buttons as the keys are hung up when in the house. It's a mystery. Thanks for clearing up the one or two button press.

Hi guys, just noticed my van is also doing this, started in the last couple of weeks. Did you ever find out what was causing it to happen? Thanks

I did the window reset I saw on here on Friday and since then they have stayed folded all the time. Very strange.

Back