Folding mirrors occasionally unfolding

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Quick question,

When I lock my van I give the remote a long press to fold the mirrors. Recently I have noticed that occasionally when I go back to the van the mirrors are down. Any ideas?

Cheers

CZ.

Here is some more,

Have booked in with VW garage to check it out. They haven’t heard of it before… apparently.

I have just come across your post on folding mirrors and was interested to discover that a long press on your remote folds the mirrors. The times I have got out of the van and realised I forgot to fold the mirrors happens just about everyday. Therefore, I have tried what you suggest and nothing happens - am I doing something wrong? Also, would be good if windows could be closed in the same manner.....

My vehicle is 2016 Generation 6 Caravelle.

I have just come across your post on folding mirrors and was interested to discover that a long press on your remote folds the mirrors. The times I have got out of the van and realised I forgot to fold the mirrors happens just about everyday. Therefore, I have tried what you suggest and nothing happens - am I doing something wrong? Also, would be good if windows could be closed in the same manner.....

My vehicle is 2016 Generation 6 Caravelle.

I think the long press is a T6.1 thing. My T6.1 does it, my friend's T6 doesn't.

T6 MY2018 and later will fold power mirrors on comfort lock from the factory.

T6 MY2017 is not possible and requires an external module

T6 MY2016 can be coded with VCDS

Not sure about T6.1

Not sure about T6.1
T6.1 is a long press but can be coded to fold on the normal short press.

@Carpinus. My 2018 T6 Highline folds the mirrors on the long 2nd press (and I haven't tweaked anything). I'm the opposite to you in that I wish that there was an option to NOT close the windows at the same time but AFAIK there isn't (I've got wind deflectors and you can't see that the windows are open a crack unless you really try!).

Not sure about T6.1
Many thanks, very useful information. I now need a man with a VCDS.

@Carpinus. My 2018 T6 Highline folds the mirrors on the long 2nd press (and I haven't tweaked anything). I'm the opposite to you in that I wish that there was an option to NOT close the windows at the same time but AFAIK there isn't (I've got wind deflectors and you can't see that the windows are open a crack unless you really try!).
Many thanks Ayjay. I can understand why you would wish to leave the windows open a small amount especially on hot summer days when you have wind deflectors fitted. However, very shortly I shall go to the van and test the long second press.

@Carpinus. TBH I'm more interested in leaving them open a crack to let a bit of air in during the winter when it's more damp but as it's usually parked on the drive, unfolded mirrors aren't much of a problem anyway! Good luck with the test.

Damn, gutted to hear that 2017 requires a module. Wonder why it’s different to 2016 and 2018. That said, mine is a ‘17 plate, is it possible it’s a MY2016? How would I know?

The model year is coded in the VIN, e.g Model Year 2015 VIN is WV1ZZZ7HZFxxxxxxx
2014 = E
2015 = F
2016 = G
2017 = H
2018 = J
2019 = K, etc.
H, damn. Is has the motors and the internal switch though? So what is the module that needs to be added to allow it through a key?

Reactions: mmi
Only if motorised mirrors are fitted, I guess you are referring to the BCM being ready?
Obviously , nobody would be stupid enough to think that VW would fit power folding mirrors to all vans and just not enable them would they?

@Carpinus. TBH I'm more interested in leaving them open a crack to let a bit of air in during the winter when it's more damp but as it's usually parked on the drive, unfolded mirrors aren't much of a problem anyway! Good luck with the test.
Thank you Ayjay, the windows close as you mention in your post. Long second press.

Quick question,

When I lock my van I give the remote a long press to fold the mirrors. Recently I have noticed that occasionally when I go back to the van the mirrors are down. Any ideas?

Cheers

CZ.
Did you ever find out what the cause was?

Mine have started doing it. Still locked though, just the mirrors coming down.

It's not the key being pressed, it's been sat on our drive all week with the keys in a bowl at the back of the house.

I'm going to go through the battery BM2 logs tomorrow and see if I can spot anything.

Back