Foggy Fog Light

LpeppsT6

T6 Sportline Kombi twin-slider on Air
T6 Guru
one of my fog lights keeps having condensation I’ve swapped bulbs over and problem still stays in the driver side, any ideas or does it need to go back to Vw dealers for them to have a look or replace
Tia

I fear you won’t get the answer you want from a dealer, seem to remember hearing the line that a bit of condensation is normal/acceptable/ok !! (remember it’s just a van to them)

I fear you won’t get the answer you want from a dealer, seem to remember hearing the line that a bit of condensation is normal/acceptable/ok !! (remember it’s just a van to them)
Hey pauly
Oh that’s rubbish it looks terrible, I’ll give them a ring see what they say
Cheers

Mine does this, I dry it out, then a week later its the same.
It doesn’t help that I have LED so less heat to demist it.

I tried changing led bulbs over from passengers side and also bent the pins in a bit to make a better seal. Also took rubber seal off normal bulb but still does the same. Just looks pants

Just a thought. If a bulb is changed on a warm humid day, the air then sealed in a fog light or head light enclosure will be loaded with moisture. As the temperature drops then that moisture would condense out.

If your experiencing condensation on the lenses would it be prudent to open the back of the light on a cool night and allow it to fill with cool and dryer air.

Hmmmm...............I had this problem on left front, it had the brighter lights in and changed under warranty no quibble

However showed them the ‘rusting’ under rubber seal in drivers side footwell and nope not covered

It’s just who you get on the day I think, will get the footwell done at different garage on next service me thinks

@Tourershine didn't you once have this problem?

Yes, still does it.

Mine is also the drivers side, and like @Loz said, it doesn't help that I also have LEDs, so they don't dry out.
I've tried adding an extra seal, but it still fogs up, and just tolerate it now, but agree it does look rubbish when one is misted up and the other isn't.

Got mine replaced yesterday from Vw warranty they gave me the oh sir you have LED bulbs I said yep I put originals in and it made no difference so they took pictures and sent them to Vw, couple of days and yep let’s get you in and swap over.
Very pleased with that been hating it for ages

I looked at old one when it came out didn’t look obvious but the front can in clip so would imagine u could re seal it with clear silicone

Back