Floor rails - any ready-made aftermarket tie-downs?

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just got my van back from Van Worx - part of the work was fitting floor rails.

I now need to work out a way of carrying my two labradors safely and am interested to know if there are any aftermarket tie downs that slot into the rail system I now have.

Thinking of how I might secure some crates.

TIA :thumbsup:

Just got my van back from Van Worx - part of the work was fitting floor rails.

I now need to work out a way of carrying my two labradors safely and am interested to know if there are any aftermarket tie downs that slot into the rail system I now have.

Thinking of how I might secure some crates.
Which rail system have you had installed?

Have you done any research? These pop up on google.....

Or these

Obviously not enough! :rolleyes:
Thank you.

Have you done any research? These pop up on google.....

Or these

Yeah as @Skyliner33 says.

I’ve got a set of these and they’re simple and effective. Haven’t used them in anger but they’ve kept a few heavy-ish items tied down well enough.

Sorry @Skyliner33 ,i had posted the details before and was not sure if thats what @YellowHound was after which it obviously wasn't. Anyhow,it was done by Chris at Stonewall leisure near Stockton when he fitted the floor/rails.The cage is a Crufts Freedom Play Pen and is the same as the one that the dogs sleep in in the house and was reduced in width to fit the tray.The bitch doesn't really like the van so we were trying to make things as familiar as possible for her. It's also handy when i go fishing to put all the gear in to stop things flying about everywhere and also keeps all the wet stuff in one place. Another thing is,if anyones interested,before the floor/rails were fitted and we still had the Kombi floor in,the cage fit really snugly between the wheel arches and cable tied to the tie down points at the back,pretty good solution for a couple of big dogs. Glad you got what you wanted @YellowHound

Sorry @Skyliner33 ,i had posted the details before and was not sure if thats what @YellowHound was after which it obviously wasn't. Anyhow,it was done by Chris at Stonewall leisure near Stockton when he fitted the floor/rails.The cage is a Crufts Freedom Play Pen and is the same as the one that the dogs sleep in in the house and was reduced in width to fit the tray.The bitch doesn't really like the van so we were trying to make things as familiar as possible for her. It's also handy when i go fishing to put all the gear in to stop things flying about everywhere and also keeps all the wet stuff in one place. Another thing is,if anyones interested,before the floor/rails were fitted and we still had the Kombi floor in,the cage fit really snugly between the wheel arches and cable tied to the tie down points at the back,pretty good solution for a couple of big dogs. Glad you got what you wanted @YellowHound
Thanks. Any more details on where you got the shelf from?

Chris at Stonewall leisure made it but i have seen other slide out shelves fitted so you must be able to buy them. I am sure @Deaky has one and a few others i have seen on here. I think Chris bought the runners etc and then made the metal tray to fit them,hope this helps

That's good advice - where did you source the washers?
Ebay, measure what you need and search, no shortage of choice.
Be aware that tightening the eye nut on the T bolt puts loading on the rail trim which isn’t designed to be loaded. It might be OK for light loads but no guarantees.
I’m planning on using a small piece of aluminuim channel in place of the nylon washer to bridge the rail trim so that the loading is on the floor either side of the rail trim.

I also found these online some time ago, can’t remember the site but silly money and they still clamp down on the rail trim.
The rail trim is easily damaged and I don’t imagine it’s cheap to replace.
1595843673435.png

Back