Floor insulation/ply question.

MrAPC

VIP Member
Coming to start the van floor and just confused on which process to go with.

I have a one piece 12mm floor and 9mm batons.

Do I stick the 9mm batons down first and go over the whole lot with Dodo Mat DEADN Duo and then the 12mm floor on top?

Or

Glue 9mm batons down first and then Dodo Mat DEADN Duo between the gaps then put the floor down?

Or doesn't it really matter?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

doesnt really matter in my opinion, i stuck the batons down and then put bits of dodo around the spaces on the floor.

Im hoping to do the same, the dodo mat is 7mm I think and the batons 9mm and then 12 mm on top. Does the subfloor fit snuggly after you put the dodo between the batons or will parts of the dodo be higher than the batons where the ridges in the floor are?

I glued the batons down then did the floor in between with dodo hex. Then I covered the whole lot in the 7mm dodo thermal liner. That does create some slight compression movement in the floor, but if you don’t cover the batons then they will be lower than the covered area.
There are some posts suggesting that it’s pointless putting a thermal layer under 12mm ply.
I’d be inclined to agree as my floor is always freezing under foot. The best insulation is probably a good rug.

Back