Floor / Chassis Bungs - Cable-run.

Ads_Essex

Local lowlife
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Am I making this up or would I be correct in saying you can run cable out of the bung where the sliding door isn’t (those with single-sliders - I’m talking about the space between the B and the C pillars) via one of these holes:

image.jpg

I’ve had a look with one of those snake cameras (endoscope-style) and can see a chassis hole near the drivers step - would this eventually lead out, under the vehicle?

F7141025-F049-4CE4-B0A8-59616BB35019.jpeg

I can’t see any light through it, which is why I ask, and I can’t be arsed to remove all the underbody plastics and find out I’m barking up the wrong tree :mad:

Any advice welcome.

All done mate.
Only annoying thing really is cleaning. Have to pump the solution into tank.. leave it in for a couple of days then pump out..
Will be testing the camping side of Bert this weekend.. fingers crossed all goes well.

Also found this image on @Jack T’s heater install -

full?d=1533249070.jpg

Ideally I’d like to use the foremost bung (the one at a right angle to the floor) so it’s well out of the way and unlikely to get snagged etc.

If anyone can confirm whether this bung allows a cable-run backwards of its entry point I’d be obliged.

No access to inside there as its double seam welded I think.
Had some success with the snake camera yesterday.. that bung leads almost directly upwards to a bung that comes out in the non-sliding door recess. Managed to run some 20mm wiring conduit through it :D

The smaller bungs along the bottom of the cill are also accessible from the big bung / van interior (as per your green mark @Fish) :thumbsup:

Had some success with the snake camera yesterday.. that bung leads almost directly upwards to a bung that comes out in the non-sliding door recess. Managed to run some 20mm wiring conduit through it :D

The smaller bungs along the bottom of the cill are also accessible from the big bung / van interior (as per your green mark) :thumbsup:
Well blow me over..I need one of these cameras.. I was convinced!

And pics from said snake?.

Those bungs are the same ones you remove to install sidebars and bolt into the holes
The way i remember it there are a few small ones along the bottom edge and a few bigger ones on the inside edge, i always assumed there was a gap between them as its part of the chassis so its basically a box section
With the rear bumper off you can see the airvents that go through into the rear quarter panel so there has to be some kind of route up at the back but never looked at the front section so if you have got up there then you should be able to get to most areas fishing in and out

Well blow me over..I need one of these cameras.. I was convinced!

And pics from said snake?.
@Fish I did take two, but they’re not great -

74FF7216-FA43-4EEF-8292-F010F033F8DA.jpeg

A771FDE1-F814-424D-8D0C-F729DC7D0A50.jpeg

This is the view from inside the van, looking down through the hole in the floor nearest the front.

1 is the ducting tube coming up through the horizontal cill bung,
2 is the ducting coming through a hole in the chassis, it having entered the chassis through a bung almost opposite it (it’s not directly opposite but out by a few mm).

Using a long metal file, I managed to get the end of the no.2 ducting and prise it upwards, through the hole in the van floor.

Once the tank is in it is hard to get anything else under it... even the outlet needs a 90° bend.

Once the tank is in it is hard to get anything else under it... even the outlet needs a 90° bend.
Does your tank sit right on the floor then, or is it sat on something?

Is currently sat on 60mm blocks... to allow for said outlet bend and Amp cable to pass down the underside.

This is great info, I need to run a cable from the dash to the waste water drain tap where the spare wheel would normally be and this looks a good way of doing it as long as I can get some of the interior trim out of the way to get to it

Back