Flexible Solar panel on Westdubs pop top

TK-421

I have a semi flexible panel on order. Having done plenty of research I was confident with how I was going to fit it.
That was until I realised our pop top (west dubs) has 2 ridges down the middle, which all the examples I'd seen didn't.

Can anyone share photos of their west dubs pop top with a semi flexible panel fitted?

I've seen examples here that use a corrugated board under the panel, so thinking this is the way to go. With the panel sitting in between the raised parts of the roof.

Also has anyone velcro'd their panels to the roof? Website I bought from suggest this as a fitting method.

TIA.

I'm not sure whether this will be any use but here you go. I didn't do the panel myself but I think the firm that actually did the job used Silkaflex with a spacer boards and couple of small gaps at the rear to allow for any air expansion in hot weather. Also, they agreed to my request that the cable goes through the pop top roofing and into the van via the velcro strip where the roof material meets at back centre (I just didn't fancy a couple holes being drilled through the metal). I'm far from an expert in this stuff but I wouldn't trust velcro to hold the panel down in a million years. Solar Panel copy.JPG

I'm not sure whether this will be any use but here you go. I didn't do the panel myself but I think the firm that actually did the job used Silkaflex with a spacer boards and couple of small gaps at the rear to allow for any air expansion in hot weather. Also, they agreed to my request that the cable goes through the pop top roofing and into the van via the velcro strip where the roof material meets at back centre (I just didn't fancy a couple holes being drilled through the metal). I'm far from an expert in this stuff but I wouldn't trust velcro to hold the panel down in a million years. View attachment 124789
I used velcro to hold a panel down on my last van. Never moved even at high speeds on a private road. In fact I put it on a few mm in the wrong position and couldn't get it off to correct it.

Back