Five days to go...

Sun's out, tide is in, nice Belgian chap in a T4 has rocked up with good stories to tell.
We were actually waiting for a breakdown truck (see concurrent thread in the fault section) due to boot power latch failure but they can't actually get here because it's too narrow/bumpy. So after some faffing we have agreed to meet them at the nearest village tomorrow at 10am to see if we can sort it. So time for a cold beer and this view.
20280397_10154685283432805_3280165079151819938_o.jpg

And the dawn view...
20287034_10154687443127805_5528791514078223156_o.jpg

First properly sunny day and we have to get (via a tow truck) to a place half an hour East called Torrelevega (I think) to a main dealer to sort this boot latch out!

Oh well, plenty more sunny days to come.

Well the boot didn't work this morning. Didn't work driving to the tow truck. Worked absolutely fine once we got to him!!!!

Booked to see the dealer anyway as the computer probably needs re-setting.

Very very strange...

Drove there (35 miles each way), they couldn't see us.
Called VW assist, an apology later and we headed back and have now lost a good spot.
Also waiting to hear back about my severe uneven tyre wear; they claim to have tried.

So now unimpressed but at least the van works and it's lovely and sunny here. Time for a swim then a beer. Or three.

Today's spot;

20413874_10154692524537805_4274911017192298433_o.jpg

The beach (50 yards away)

20424082_10154692525692805_8373809299315774792_o.jpg

When wild camping works, it can't be beaten. Challenging but so good.
Two nights of €40 a night with people squashed in all around us and noise and no view vs a sea view from bed or this beach so near (the campsites here are either two miles away or horribly cramped) and just the sea and cicadas to listen to.

Lovely. A proper wash and scrub is definitely needed every now and again (cold showers here plus our solar shower) and washing up is tricky.

Well we followed the weather and pushed three hours West to Pantin, Galicia. Fun surf, warm weather, met up with some good mates.

We did have to blast out music the whole way to cover up the rather annoying "the boot is open when it bloody well isn't" dash alarm (which also kills all the Mfd info as it constantly goes off). Given up on trying to fix it with useless VW Assist. Anyone know how to disable the pointless auto latch and alarm?!

To disable it you would need to drop the power supply to the control box behind the rear near side panel, not so easy in a Cali !

You may be able to pull a fuse to do the same but the door would need to be in closed/locked position before powering down, I think the power latching is the only thing on that fuse but would need to check and it would kill it on slide door too

To disable it you would need to drop the power supply to the control box behind the rear near side panel, not so easy in a Cali !

You may be able to pull a fuse to do the same but the door would need to be in closed/locked position before powering down, I think the power latching is the only thing on that fuse but would need to check and it would kill it on slide door too

Cheers! It seems to be a combination of the power latch failing with a faulty sensor.
Annoying on a long drive!

When power latching is present it uses two sensors, the conventional door switch reports to the control module and tells it to close then when the motor closes another sensor on the striker plate sends the signal to the dash that the door is closed, is your power latching actually moving in/out when you open and close the door, if it is then it's likely to be a faulty motor or problem with control module
If it stays still then prob the door switch on tailgate

@Pauly - the actual power latching has been working intermittently; it always works as it opens but not when it closes. It's currently not latching shut at all.
And the dash alarm went from intermittent to pretty much non stop.
VWs plan has been to book us a tow truck that couldn't get to us to a dealer that had no slots to see us. So we went ourselves (promised a slot by VW assist) only to find; no slots for a week.

So got called by them and told I'd be seen at a random auto electrician 30 miles away, got there, he spoke no English (he was meant to have been told what was wrong), fiddled with it, I had to pay for it (assumed VW would be doing so),temporarily seemed to sort it, its come back with a vengeance.

That and no calls returned from the dealer I got it from or VWCS for this and a tyre wear issue and I'm a bit hacked off with them.

Noticed another thing; our California lower door lights are in a shocking state; all chipped plastic. The last ones were as good as New when we sold it; I think they've substituted metal for cheap plastic. Another thing to blast at them about.

Noticing more and more how Europeans just don't mod vans like Brits do. I've not seen one lowered van, not one on big alloys, not one covered in stickers.
Just people using their vans as van and/or campers.

It's rather nice.

The majority of the european countries are in financial meltdown, probably not got the cash to mod ha

Back