Five days to go...

Looking good @Polzeylad, hope you have a fantastic time. Safe driving and don't forget to post up some piccies when you get chance.

Mines all clean and ready to go..... just got drivers side wheels to seal today and the vans ready.

Cheers @Walski ; on the ferry now, first beer in my hand, ferry just departing.

I will post the odd pic but avoid overkill.

Met a fellow Ocean owner in the queue: and he was a decent bloke (for once); hurrah!

It was pretty calm and the kids were fine. The usual ultra tight parking on board not no marks that I can see. Lovely meal in the restaurant on the ferry last night, now at La Paz and finished a pleasant 5 mile coast run to check out the coast.

Cloudy but warm, should be sunshine from tonight.

Splendid!

Hope you enjoy yourself guys, we are hitting the road, tunnel, road down to Lyon for 3weeks in 11days...and counting wp_ss_20170725_0001.png

10 days and then I'm off to the Lakes for 5 days, probably Glenridding or maybe Llangdale. Might even wash the van before I go.
Not sure if you have sorted out where to stay yet but 2 sites we have used in the last month or so and would happily go back to and/or recommend at Ullswater are:-

Glenridding end - Gillside Farm Ullswater | Camping | Caravans | Holiday Homes - fairly basic facilities but nice and well located by the side of a beck circa half a mile above the village.
Pooley Bridge end - A Lake District Campsite on Ullswater | Waterside House Campsite - well located on shore of lake with direct access to the water, better facilities (not quite Camping & Caravan Club, etc. standard but adequate), lovely lake shore walk to Pooley Bridge, circa a mile away.

Do you find that it you leave it open in the sun for any length of time it gets either harder to close - ours does, even with the bike rack on.

Enjoy your trip!!!

I haven't really noticed that but I am having to be careful; we're parked near a 3ft drop and I've nearly had the boot fling me off it as I've opened it!

I haven't really noticed that but I am having to be careful; we're parked near a 3ft drop and I've nearly had the boot fling me off it as I've opened it!
Lol - please make sure someone has a camera running next time you open it just in case!!!

Thanks @Davenjo , I usually stay a Gillside, nice short walk to the Travellers Rest for a mixed grill and a pint. Also a good starting point for Helvellyn.

When I was a kid we used to stay at Side farm, directly opposite Glenridding across the lake. We used to canoe across the lake to go to the shops.

Looking forward to the rain next week after months of sunny weather here.

Thanks @Davenjo , I usually stay a Gillside, nice short walk to the Travellers Rest for a mixed grill and a pint. Also a good starting point for Helvellyn.

When I was a kid we used to stay at Side farm, directly opposite Glenridding across the lake. We used to canoe across the lake to go to the shops.

Looking forward to the rain next week after months of sunny weather here.
Yep, it's a very friendly pub and close to the camp site. Not sure when you last went but we also found the Beckside Bar (part of the Glenridding Hotel that got trashed and closed by storm Desmond in December 2015) is also very welcoming with a good, quite extensive, bar menu. It's been totally revamped with a very nice beckside beer garden (complete with plenty of flood protection- lots of money spent by the looks of things!)

Enjoy - we are not planning on being up there again until Christmas but missing the Lakes already so who knows!!

Thanks again @Davenjo , will give the Beckside Bar a go, not been up to the Lakes for about four years now, last time I was there it rained everyday, next week looks the same, doh!!!

Never been in to the Wild Boar but have been drinking the beer they brew and eating some of their smokehouse offerings at one of their sister hotels (Low Wood Bay) for years.

"Is the van all ready for the holiday" says the missus.
"Sure" I said.... " wheels cleaned, detailed and waxed"......
IMG_0594.JPG
"Van's washed, polished and waxed, leather's cleaned, conditioned and sealed. We're all set".........
IMG_0597.JPG
"I meant, have you packed it"
"Sh1t, I knew there was something I had to do"!!!!!!

"Is the van all ready for the holiday" says the missus.
"Sure" I said.... " wheels cleaned, detailed and waxed"......
View attachment 11010
"Van's washed, polished and waxed, leather's cleaned, conditioned and sealed. We're all set".........
View attachment 11011
"I meant, have you packed it"
"Sh1t, I knew there was something I had to do"!!!!!!

Haha; same here! Looking good.

Two nights at the rather busy La Paz and it's free camp time; found a great spot right on a little cove; hard to access (narrow, bumpy track) so nice and quiet.

We recce'd it yesterday and found this rather amazing sea arch (made of savagely sharp rocks) nearby...
20248478_10154684495697805_312373881761659367_o.jpg

Back