Fitting A Fiamma F45s Awning

Ian_T6

T6 Pro
Looking for a bit of advice on fitting a Fiamma awning on my kombi...

From what I’ve seen, the curved part of the bracket is attached directly to the paintwork of the van using sikaflex or similar - and bolted on to the top of the roof too, using the positions that are already there.

I’m a bit worried about this as it seems fairly permanent, or if not, you’d probably do damage to the paintwork getting it off again.

Just wondering if anyone has experience in fitting these awnings and can offer advice on protecting the paintwork? Or am I worried about nothing?

Thanks...

its permanent, m8 unless u cut it off
Ah ok... wasn’t sure if you could maybe put adhesive stickers on the paintwork first, similar to the ones that come with the vw t6 bike rack, to protect the paintwork...

Hmm... bit worried now...

Ah ok... wasn’t sure if you could maybe put adhesive stickers on the paintwork first, similar to the ones that come with the vw t6 bike rack, to protect the paintwork...

Hmm... bit worried now...
@Dellmassive ia talking about a similar idea with his solar panel. Check out his solar thread - it might give the answer you’re looking for.

Probably a bit late but I put 3M 1080 vinyl onto my rear quarter panels before sticking window glass to it, no issues with it at all, I doubt it will come off until I want it to. I’d have no problem doing the same for under a solar panel (which I have yet to fit) or an awning rail (which I am thinking about getting)

Quick update, I fitted solar panels and awning and put 3M 1080 vinyl on first before sticking the respective bits in place, and both seem to be working as expected.

Back