Fishing tackle storage in a conversion

Roof mounted storage like the Thule storage boxes. Safe and out of the van, oh and lockable.
I doubt you’ll find a roof box big enough to take a fishing seat, and if you did, getting the seat up & down on the roof would be a task.

I doubt you’ll find a roof box big enough to take a fishing seat, and if you did, getting the seat up & down on the roof would be a task.
Yes agreed. I have a feeder seat which is awkward rather than heavy. I think the best way would be with the suggested earlier option of external storage on a tow bar.

I feel your dilemma have been there .... do you need rear seat belted seating

So i built a Dirty weekender style van with side pull out bed with opposite long cabinet on slider side and another behind drivers seat. so long storage down the middle for the beach and course fishing rods or metal detectors or shooting equipment. this slides under the bed when its pulled out beach rod rests and nets go under the van or in the awning

The chairs and wellies store up against the rear door ( LWB ) left a nice gap

i think i have more storage than if i had a side fitted kitchen andi fitted the porta loo inside the bed ( for dire emergency use only )

you might not need to scale down on that reclining Adjustable legged big footed Bungee sprung comfy fishing Bed / chair lol

remember custom build your van to what you want to use it for ..... they are tiny inside once you add all the bedding

cloths, Awning, tackle boxes, beer, food, ect ect ..

i could put the fitted kitchen in if it would be worth it when i come to sell the van

Do you happen to have a photo of your van arrangement Mud Digger? Or will Dirty Weekender have pics on their website?

We have a SWB btw.

I guess we don't often have passengers in the van so that could work in theory.

So you don't have a kitchen then? I'm not sure that I would want to give up on having one though...

I used my T5 every Sunday night to go carp fishing and faced the same problems. I had a fixed L-shaped seat and had to cover it all in sheets etc.

Tomorrow I'm getting a bed on rails fitted to my T6 as I've worked out that this will be the most practical solution. I'm going for the Yo-Yo system from Clearcut conversions in North Devon.

Do you happen to have a photo of your van arrangement Mud Digger? Or will Dirty Weekender have pics on their website?

We have a SWB btw.

I guess we don't often have passengers in the van so that could work in theory.

So you don't have a kitchen then? I'm not sure that I would want to give up on having one though...
you can have a kitchen cooker, cooker, fridge , its just not the standard side furniture

my Van is a dirty weekend ... lol... hence the name Mud Digger hunting, fishing, metal detecting, everything Mud

i have this pic to hand it does not show the cabinet added behind the drivers seat the big cab does not protrude
passed the sliding door supplied by Van Furniture would easily take the cooker its 1100mm long and a 6ft x 3
section bed end veiw 2.JPG

This was in build stage and before V.F. did colored cabinets theresa nice gap for wellies, chairs at rear against my barn doors i don't cook in the van but have a lower folding table in front of the slider
usually have fishing kit and Nespresso machine on top of the cabinet gains room with the Craft swivel passenger seat

pic of bed 2.JPG

this shows only 2 of the 3 sections of bed with the SWB you will loos some space behind drivers seat to bed

LWB are only a 18 inches longer but you still get a fridge there is room to have a 600mm cab and room for a diesel heater to drivers seat

pic of bed 1.JPG

loo4.jpg

I used my T5 every Sunday night to go carp fishing and faced the same problems. I had a fixed L-shaped seat and had to cover it all in sheets etc.

Tomorrow I'm getting a bed on rails fitted to my T6 as I've worked out that this will be the most practical solution. I'm going for the Yo-Yo system from Clearcut conversions in North Devon.
What will you do with your long rods then? Slide them in the space under the seat as we were thinking? Or do they pack up shorter than pesky poles?

What will you do with your long rods then? Slide them in the space under the seat as we were thinking? Or do they pack up shorter than pesky poles?

They will lie on the floor between the bed and the side unit. Plus, I have mostly telescopic / stalking rods and landing net handles to help the situation somewhat.

You've got a good set up there Mr Mud digger! I like the fabric and love the handy accessible porta potti... that would be my dream.

When you fish, do you have one of those giant seat boxes with the legs and attachments etc? If so, where does that live when you're driving the van?

You've got a good set up there Mr Mud digger! I like the fabric and love the handy accessible porta potti... that would be my dream.

When you fish, do you have one of those giant seat boxes with the legs and attachments etc? If so, where does that live when you're driving the van?
the Van i needed took some careful planning to my want's and needs......... i carry the 2 large comfy camping chairs full time up against the barn doors behind bed and cabinet or my large carp fishing chairs same place. replacing the camping chairs of course, i built the gap / space in for welly's there too. it's handy to have. i purposely didn't fit a cooker in the big cabinet or a fridge in the side as it would be hard to access my 2 x tackle boxes sit up on small cabinet out of the way so didn't fit up to the roof cabinets. i have a 3x section 16 ft continental beach caster just over 5 1/2 ft a section that sit up on the long cabinet out of the way with 2 other beach casters when we are in the van. i don't leave these out but if on a site i put the awning up which helps empty a lot of the other stuff.

i went with 5 inch foam mattress so the back section sits up on its own although only leaves 1/2 inch to roof head height the material is waterproof so easy to clean... David Powell next door to Combe Valley Campers made me the covers. he is a lovely guy.

just some electrics sockets to finish off and what to finish the wood work off in it's sealed with Shellac for now and i' ll take some finished pics but we are always away in it and the vans never empty full of bedding and cloths or fishing gear 3 x cool boxes 1 for bait... im very pleased with what i planned out for all my needs its built for adventures..... not for the Jones's ha ha ( sorry if your names Jones ) a standard Van fit out was not what i needed.

The amount of stuff and food she has stored in the deeper cupboards is amazing.

There certainly is a lot of storage space there.

From memory, I don't think we could have a bed on rails as we wanted a wider than average bed.

There's probs enough space to squeeze stuff in but the fisherman decided he didn't want to mucky up the shiny new van (for a while anyway!).

Back