First van, first self build

New wheels on today. Really happy with how they look although they do sit out a little further at the front than I was expecting. Now just to sort out the suspension, probably going to lower 40-50mm but what kit to put on??

20200910_181457.jpg

20200910_181035.jpg

That's the thing, the more work you put in the more precious you become with it. Its a catch 22 haha I'm still trying to decide what to do inside ie. layout. Been busy saving pennies for wheels and suspension at the minute.

We've done our T6 in a similar way which was helped with the original panels as templates. Your postings are going to be a great help as we start doing our 35 year old T25 panel van with no internal panels etc to give us a clue/ template. Picked up on the Tiger Seal, velcro and the use of insulation for blinds. Great job - look forward to more of your posts.

We've done our T6 in a similar way which was helped with the original panels as templates. Your postings are going to be a great help as we start doing our 35 year old T25 panel van with no internal panels etc to give us a clue/ template. Picked up on the Tiger Seal, velcro and the use of insulation for blinds. Great job - look forward to more of your posts.
Glad some of my work has been helpful for yous. Its good fun along the way and you learn so much as you go.

Halo roof looks great. Thinking of something like this myself. Is the outside carpeted section just held up on the velcro

Halo roof looks great. Thinking of something like this myself. Is the outside carpeted section just held up on the velcro
Yup just Velcro, holds up better than I thought. Just takes a few attempts and an extra pair of hands to line both sides up.

Little bit of luxury today with a cab carpet from rugs for bugs. Went for the medium thickness and have to say very happy with the quality. Anyone know what products are best to use for bringing the side steps and rubber flooring back to life and to get rid of that worn whitish look?

20201001_150240.jpg

20201001_150232.jpg

@Davidh I just ordered a new plush cab mat for mine. And like yours the rubber lining underneath just sticks out at edges and centre! I am considering gluing 4-way stretch carpet lining (in black) across the rubber covering. At least with some decent floor mats on top it would look ok. Has anyone done this at all??

@Davidh I just ordered a new plush cab mat for mine. And like yours the rubber lining underneath just sticks out at edges and centre! I am considering gluing 4-way stretch carpet lining (in black) across the rubber covering. At least with some decent floor mats on top it would look ok. Has anyone done this at all??
Transporter hq do a full cab carpet which is maybe worth a look at. I wanted something that I can take out and clean at the same time

Little bit of luxury today with a cab carpet from rugs for bugs. Went for the medium thickness and have to say very happy with the quality. Anyone know what products are best to use for bringing the side steps and rubber flooring back to life and to get rid of that worn whitish look?

Autoglym vinyl and rubber care - use sparingly at first until you have got used to what it can do.

Pete

New suspension fitted and have to say I'm very happy with it! Went for the st coilovers which @CRS Performance and @BognorMotors supply which go from 35-65mm. Van was lowered around 40-45mm and for me it sits at a level im happy with, there is room to still go a bit lower if I wanted. So much more complient round corners and not a harsh or crashy ride atall.

IMG_20201009_182842_111.jpg

IMG_20201009_182842_110.jpg

IMG_20201009_182842_106.jpg

@Davidh Looks spot on. Can I ask your wheel / tyre / spacer setup is? I won't copy honest ......
Haha copy if you want mate, a lot of people on here I imagine take their fav bits from each others vans to make their own, im one of them haha
Wheels are kmc wholeshots from vwt5upgrades with 235/65/17 general at3 tyres. No spacers

Haha copy if you want mate, a lot of people on here I imagine take their fav bits from each others vans to make their own, im one of them haha
Wheels are kmc wholeshots from vwt5upgrades with 235/65/17 general at3 tyres. No spacers
Cheers, I wonder how many wheel setups you can have before you're classed as "having an issue"

Cheers, I wonder how many wheel setups you can have before you're classed as "having an issue"
:laugh: is there ever enough? I did contemplate a winter and summer set up but this will work all year round so doubt I'll be changing any time soon

:laugh: is there ever enough? I did contemplate a winter and summer set up but this will work all year round so doubt I'll be changing any time soon
My thinking is there are 4 seasons, each with different road conditions ...

Back