First time use of awning

RosscoPCole

VIP Member
T6 Guru
We are going away tomorrow for the first time in our campervan and because our garden and drive are small we haven't been able to attach the awning and try it out. What are your hints and tips? We also have a footprint. It is a Kampa Travel Pod Touring Air.
Thanks in advance.

if it’s a ‘drive away’ awning, people recommend marking where your wheels are with rope or something so you can line it up when you come back from your day out.

I slide the awning in the rail, inflate, peg out roughly to get the shape and then go round and re-peg to get it square against the van.

Good luck!

We are going away tomorrow for the first time in our campervan and because our garden and drive are small we haven't been able to attach the awning and try it out. What are your hints and tips? We also have a footprint. It is a Kampa Travel Pod Touring Air.
Thanks in advance.
Tip from our first outing with the awning last weekend: don’t forget to put the footprint down before you put up the awning :oops:
lucky it was dry so I left it but serious beginner error there!

Thank you for all the advice. It went up easily after I had to go home for the pump! Luckily campsite was only 10 minutes from home. We forgot about the concrete hardstanding for the connecting tunnel pegs, never mind. Enjoying a cider in the sunshine right now.

Back