First Post Time

chambersaa

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good afternoon,

Thought it was about time I made a post after skulking around the forum for the past few weeks.

A change in job means I hand my company car back this week after being in company cars for the past 8 or so years.

Originally looking to buy a Ford Ranger or VW Amarok a local VW dealer quickly talked me out of the Amarok and into a T6 Kombi. It has taken me a little over 7 weeks to get to grips with the various engines, trim levels, seating arrangements and the multitude of other specs on offer.

I finally found one that ticked most of the boxes and this gets delivered on Thursday and I cannot wait.

I had to settle for the 102 engine, which I was pleasantly surprised with after test driving, and being a 6 seater with triple rear bench. But for my sacrifices I managed to get a 2019 Highline with 4k on the clock in reflex silver. We will see how the wife gets on with the 2 bench passenger seat to determine whether we do the captains chair swap.

The van will mainly be used a my daily to / from work sites, transporting my bikes and 2 mucky dogs.

Up to present the forum has been a valuable source of information so thanks everyone :thumbsup:.

Welcome @chambersaa to the nut house. There are various members you need to stay away from on here as they will make you spend your hard earned, you'll soon realise who they are :whistle:

Welcome to the forum, I agree with the comments above though! Loads of useful info on here, but also loads of inspiration for wallet emptying!

Thanks, my pockets aren't too deep, certainly not after buying the van. In any case, however deep my pockets are my arms will be shorter.

The last VW I had was an old Lupo many years ago. It was pretty low and spent most of the time with either the sump or bumper on the floor... I like the lows :)

Screenshot_20191118-173156_Gallery.jpg

Thanks, my pockets aren't too deep, certainly not after buying the van. In any case, however deep my pockets are my arms will be shorter.

The last VW I had was an old Lupo many years ago. It was pretty low and spent most of the time with either the sump or bumper on the floor... I like the lows :)

View attachment 54863

Oh, nice wheels I had some Pirelli alloys a bit like that on a mk2 Golf GTi years ago.

If you like lows checkout Team Air :thumbsup:

Oh, nice wheels I had some Pirelli alloys a bit like that on a mk2 Golf GTi years ago.

If you like lows checkout Team Air :thumbsup:

Cheers, yeah this set I believed to be off a Mk1 GTi which would put them at over 15 years older than the car they were on.

The Van's in that thread look amazing!

Nice Lupo.
They're Pirelli P slots, I had a set on my new Mk I Gti but changed them for a set of BBS.
Ended up selling them a few years ago for twice as much as what the BBS were worth.

They aren't genuine P slots off either a Mk1 or Mk2. Both of them had 8 P's, yours have 9. The difference between the Mk1 and Mk2 wheels is the gap between the slots. The Mk2's are slightly wider.

They aren't genuine P slots off either a Mk1 or Mk2. Both of them had 8 P's, yours have 9. The difference between the Mk1 and Mk2 wheels is the gap between the slots. The Mk2's are slightly wider.

Ahh that's a shame, I knew there were copies but I didn't know which one was which. I had the wheels off my brother when he sold his old Lupo too - so they never owed me anything.

Back