My new van, in black.

DaveT6KHL

Auto Electrician

Finally got round to uploading a pic!
My T32 Kombi Highline, had it 3 weeks now and did almost 1000 miles in the first week and a half, replacement for my T28 2012 panel van which was great but this is soooo much better!
My old van was an 84ps remapped to 186ps so the new 140 feels gutless compared so might be a remap on the cards soon...

Finally got round to uploading a pic!
My T32 Kombi Highline, had it 3 weeks now and did almost 1000 miles in the first week and a half, replacement for my T28 2012 panel van which was great but this is soooo much better!
My old van was an 84ps remapped to 186ps so the new 140 feels gutless compared so might be a remap on the cards soon...
Lovely bus !

We are away on holiday in it at the moment, two adults up front, my two daughters in the back and a spaniel on the floor, so spacious and comfy but now FILTHY!
So much room in the back I could pack my bean to cup coffee machine too, couldn't do that in our CR-V, got some tailored waterproof covers on all seats and put a set of tailored mats down but ordered ones for a twin slider by mistake so the back mat is not quite right.
My plan was to fit a drop down DVD player and wire my Apple TV to it using mobile WIFI but time and funds didn't allow, ended up getting an iPad mount that attaches to the headrest and extends between the front seats so both the girls can see it, brilliant solution and the flip down monitor idea is scrapped!

I have a Motexion bulkhead and a rear security grille ready to go in and a set of pre covered ply panels (im lazy, prefer to pay a bit extra for them to be trimmed) coming at the weekend. Need to run some wiring around for power sockets, speakers, lights and my inverter/split charge system and then it will have some ply shelves in the back and a few mods to mount my tool box and then it will be done!

It's much higher than my old T5, I tried to get under a height restriction and put a little dent/scuff on the roof which I am FURIOUS about but can be repaired by a smart dent man I know, need to lower it a bit I think!

Sure you will get the scuff out. Scrapped mine too but waxed out nearly completely. Sounds like all the mod Cons going on in there. Any interior pics? Enjoy your time away.

Some AR$E HOLE hit my van last night and scuffed the paint, fortunately no worse than that but I am FUMING! Parking sensors still work ok, no note left, I'm going out later with a torch to see if I can find the car that did it!

There some really ignorant idiots out there, hope you find who did it.
Our neighbours mother took down part of our front wall a few months back, wasn't until we asked if they'd seen anything they admitted it!
Hell I even repaired it myself and didn't cost them a bean.....

Thanks, it was bound to happen sooner or later!
My first brand new T5 got a ding in the back bumper after 4 weeks, someone was watching me back but forgot to tell me to stop so I hit a small wall and knocked it over. Then I bought a used T5 3 years later that got flattened on the M6 when a 110 Land Rover hit me at 60MPH, I was stationary with foot on the brake, it was 5.30pm and stop start traffic, pushed me into another van and him into a car, there was a gap so big between the 110 and the back of my van that I thought another car had been there, I still have a lower back problem from that 5 years later! Insurance would only pay out a fraction of what I paid for the van due to 'fluctuating trade prices' to$$ers.

refer to my thread "give me strength!".........gutted for you mate! You pay out your hard earned money and some unscrupulous loser does that! I fear that even if you find the suspect, it'll go nowhere.......the police aren't interested. To me, that's tantamount to leaving the scene of an accident.......b*stard!

IMG_4865.PNG IMG_4864.PNG

This is my old van, had it three months and had saved hard to buy it outright, before this one was a T5 on contract hire, after this a T5.1 on finance lease (that I ended up buying, still got it) there was a dalliance with a yellow Peugeot Partner somewhere in between too

Ouch - that's really bad luck.

Regarding the engine power - give it a couple of thousand miles - these engines really need loosening up (as do the manual boxes) and improve dramatically once they do. The T5.1 was the same.

Back