Finally getting a Kombi after a lifetime of admiring...

Captain Backfire

TSi, T32, Highline Kombi
T6 Pro
Hey All,
After selling my 1966 Karmann Ghia which I lovingly restored and converted from LHD to RHD I have decided to put that money towards the next vehicle I have always wanted to own...
I have spec'd my van and placed my order. Should arrive Feb/Mar 18. Don't think I missed anything off the options list...

T6 - Highline
Pearl black
SWB,
Twin sliding doors
Tailgate,
Petrol 204bhp,
DSG,
2 captains seats,
3 seats in middle row 2+1,
Rubber/vinyl floor in back 2/3rds
Carpet in front,
Comfort dash,
Heated seats,
Discovery Sat-Nav,
Leather dark red!
MFSW,
Auto latch twin side doors and rear,
LED lights front and rear,
LED spotlights in rear 2/3rds,
Roof rails,
Chrome Side bars,
Reverse camera,
Heated front screen,
Adaptive Cruise Control,
Lining in cab and back
Limo tint
Second battery
Electric Sunroof

Its going to get a 50mm drop and 20" wheels once its arrived, plus a nice body kit. Excited is an understatement!

I would just love an electric sunroof in my highline!! does anyone know if and who could retro fit?
I contacted a webasto sunroof dealer and he said not possible in a T6 due to the top console box in the roof .
Apparently it has been changed since t5 and now can't get electric aftermarket sunroof in .
Can only get a pop up glass one in .

That’s one spec.
Why petrol over diesel (just interested why)

I love my Kombi 150 twin slider. Makes it more car like.
Hi Rad,
I choose petrol for a number of reasons. I tend to do only short local mileage with the odd longer trip once a fortnight.
In 18months I have only done 8k miles. Granted we tend to use another car as a family vehicle, but that’s only done 7k in a year.
Petrol van to buy was also £1200 cheaper than diesel variant.
I’m also concerned with what plans the government have to diesel owners. Already some city’s charge you more to park a diesel than a petrol equivalent. Talk about some city’s charging just to drive derv into them.

You will love your Kombi and I use my electric sunroof most days it’s my favourite of the options I choose (heated seats are really good too) , so glad I went 204 DSG. I think your reasons for going Petrol are wise too.

You will love your Kombi and I use my electric sunroof most days it’s my favourite of the options I choose (heated seats are really good too) , so glad I went 204 DSG. I think your reasons for going Petrol are wise too.
I’m not sure about the sunroof but I guess I’ll see

Back