Fibre to the Premises FTTP

t6blo

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just had my new FTTP line installed yesterday. Have gone from 32 down 7 up on FTTC to 900 down and 110 up.
OMG :oops: Don’t know how I coped before!

Only annoyance is the whole saga of the wife, the mother in law and the landline :mad:

BT have been hard at work in my extremely rural area putting new overhead and underground cabling in. The guys say I should get close to 900 too if I sign up. Currently on 20 with Alncolm, a rural provider via an airwave transmitter system

I'm currently on a 1Gbps line, which is normally around 920-950mbps down AND up. It's ridiculous. Of course I don't need that much speed all the time but it's nice to know if I need to download something that's 100GB or bigger it'll take minutes rather than hours! :p

I have been waiting about 4 years for them to upgrade the exchange and poles to full fibre.

Biggest improvement so far is my Xbox - games are getting bigger and updates are also huge. I’d go to turn on and play a game, and get an update required message - last one was 120Gb and it took about 4 days to download. While downloading the rest of the internet was slow as the Xbox was sucking it up.

On my new Fibre 900 line I just downloaded a 106Gb game in 24 mins and I could watch YouTube while I was waiting :oops: :cool:

Paying £30 per month to Cityfibre (Vodafone) here in Northampton and not seeing any fantastic up and down speeds compared to the previous copper feed in from Virgin.
Could probably ask where my "up to" speeds are but £30 is undercutting the lower spec £47 per month Virgin wanted and it will stream 4k via the BBC iPlayer plus I don't online game so adequate as it is.

Back