Faulty drivers side electric window

TEESIXY

T6 Guru
Drivers window, when lowering makes a loud thud, particularly bad when it is stopped part way down. You can feel the thud, gives me the impression that something has come adrift inside.
Anyway, it went to the dealer, and they concluded that the problem was either the regulator (in stock) or motor (on back order). We left it that they would contact me when the motor arrived, so they had the necessary parts to cover either cause.
I chased it up today, good job i did. In their words, the motor is coded for my individual vehicle when they order it, so have decided not to order one yet, as if its not required, they still have to pay for it, and could never resell or use it as it would only fit my van!, although he went on to say it might be something to do with the factory alarm.
Its going in on Friday to have the regulator fitted, at which point, if it doesn't cure it, they will order the motor.
Does the coded motor bit sound plausible?

The motor is generic to particular models but will be coded differently depending on installed equipment, this coding is easily changed with VCDS but dealers don't/won't get into coding so that's prob what they mean, it's not vin coded just function coded if that makes sense

Drivers window, when lowering makes a loud thud, particularly bad when it is stopped part way down. You can feel the thud, gives me the impression that something has come adrift inside.
Anyway, it went to the dealer, and they concluded that the problem was either the regulator (in stock) or motor (on back order). We left it that they would contact me when the motor arrived, so they had the necessary parts to cover either cause.
I chased it up today, good job i did. In their words, the motor is coded for my individual vehicle when they order it, so have decided not to order one yet, as if its not required, they still have to pay for it, and could never resell or use it as it would only fit my van!, although he went on to say it might be something to do with the factory alarm.
Its going in on Friday to have the regulator fitted, at which point, if it doesn't cure it, they will order the motor.
Does the coded motor bit sound plausible?
Mine did the same had a new regulator and all is well now.

Back