Factory water heater for shower?

gmaster

T6 Pro
Hi All, does anyone know if it would be possible to tap into the factory webasto water heater to somehow heat water for a shower at the rear of the van?

We have a Bullfinch external shower point (Outdoor Utility Points : External shower point - white ) in the rear of our van which is connected to our 12v/240v hot water system. I don't know how this is connected up but, as it has a mixer function, I am assuming it must have separate hot and cold feeds so I would think, so long as you can tap into your hot and cold supplies, you could fit similar.

Aside from testing the shower works, we have never used it and am not sure we ever will.

Hi Davenjo, thanks for the reply. What van do you have? Did you get it converted, or did you buy it with that system in it?

Hi Davenjo, thanks for the reply. What van do you have? Did you get it converted, or did you buy it with that system in it?
I have a Hillside Birchover based on a SWB T30 Highline 150 DSG - I had no hand in the conversion, hence being a bit vague about connection. When we were ordering I did ask about ditching the shower but was told it was not worth it as any cost savings would be offfset against moving away from standard.

Thanks again for the reply. Having just read a bit more about hot water systems and having just looked at your particular model on their website, I think it might have a clarifier on it. I'll keep reading. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks again for the reply. Having just read a bit more about hot water systems and having just looked at your particular model on their website, I think it might have a clarifier on it. I'll keep reading. Thanks again for your help.
It is an immersion heater with a 12v/240v element (as per @T6 Dave first diagram above).

Hey Gmaster, did you go through with using the factory webasto heater? If so I'd like more info, as I am looking to install a warmwater shower in my new California Beach. Looking forward to your reply.

We have a Truma shower point at the rear of the van. It’s fed from its own 13L water carrier. If we want a warm shower we just boil a kettle & add it to the carrier. We use it more for rinsing off after the beach.

Where is the diesel heater part then? One of the pictures shows the interhals and it is just a heater core and a fan!

Hmmm, weird thought the description said it's a diesel fueled water and air heater. But yeah now looking at that one picture...

LOL yeah I hear you. But seeing this diesel fueled air heater on eBay for just over a £100, I don't know what to think anymore...

It’s becoming the norm now, they just throw as many keywords at it as they can so it’ll appear in more searches, but I think what they actually mean is heated BY water rather than heating water.

Back