Factory Drivers Swivel Seat & Camper Conversion

RealGoneKid

Hi

Finally pressing the button on a t6.1 today. Dealer was pretty good and went through my chosen spec. Originally I’d gone for the double passenger seat, but he suggested most camper speccers opt for a single passenger swivel seat and a swivelling driver seat.

I’ve researched that now and see the benefits but will I have any issues with the driver seat not swivelling fully against a standard camper kitchen in a SWB. Also can a diesel heater still be located under the driver seat of a factory fitted driver swivel seat? Anything else I need to think about (I know I need to ensure arm rests are ordered, and there is no height adjustment)

Too many details to get right, and I ain’t even got to the owning it bit yet!

Cheers as ever.

There is more room under an OEM swivel than a traditional after market swivel plate. You’ll be fine fitting your heater under the seat.

As @Deaky says, plenty of room for the heater under the seat. Mine has the eberspacher, fuse box and Victron EHU charger under there. Not sure the chinese clone heaters will as they are quite a bit bigger. The non height adjustable is no problem for me at 6'1". The seat is a bit of a pain to rotate without catching the B pillar plastics but you do get used to it. I havent fitted furniture yet as I am waiting for the new skyline poptop but when I do, i will most likely buy the curved evo design furniture to allow a little more leg room. ( I have the indel b top loading fridge ).
I hope this helps.

Hi

Finally pressing the button on a t6.1 today. Dealer was pretty good and went through my chosen spec. Originally I’d gone for the double passenger seat, but he suggested most camper speccers opt for a single passenger swivel seat and a swivelling driver seat.

I’ve researched that now and see the benefits but will I have any issues with the driver seat not swivelling fully against a standard camper kitchen in a SWB. Also can a diesel heater still be located under the driver seat of a factory fitted driver swivel seat? Anything else I need to think about (I know I need to ensure arm rests are ordered, and there is no height adjustment)

Too many details to get right, and I ain’t even got to the owning it bit yet!

Cheers as ever.

Just waiting for mine to be delivered, due in December. My dealer advised me against the VW swivels as you lose the height and lumbar adjustments, so if you are taller, the seating position is not great.

Depends on the furniture, but as per above, the Evo curved unit looks to be the best to be able to use the drivers side. Thats the unit I will go for. Probably.....

Just waiting for mine to be delivered, due in December. My dealer advised me against the VW swivels as you lose the height and lumbar adjustments, so if you are taller, the seating position is not great.

Depends on the furniture, but as per above, the Evo curved unit looks to be the best to be able to use the drivers side. Thats the unit I will go for. Probably.....
You still get the lumbar adjustment. It's only the height adjustment you loose. I'm not tall 5'8" and I find the seat height fine.

Probably best avoiding the height adjustable seats if you’re tall, they only go higher than standard not lower and the T6 driving position is already a bit on the high side. It’s really intended for short people and as @Deaky says , you still get lumbar adjustment (such as it is).

Probably best avoiding the height adjustable seats if you’re tall, they only go higher than standard not lower and the T6 driving position is already a bit on the high side. It’s really intended for short people and as @Deaky says , you still get lumbar adjustment (such as it is).

Thanks for that. A bit too late to change now. Due to deal on 13th December :)

There is more room under an OEM swivel than a traditional after market swivel plate. You’ll be fine fitting your heater under the seat.

Hi, apologies for piggybacking on this thread; however, I would like to ask do after market swivels support the stowage of heaters and electric/batt set up? If so, can you recommend a suitable non OEM swivel base with the most clearance? Also, would you recommend electric/batt going under a particular seat and the heater going under a particular one also?
Thank you.

Back