Extra-small leisure battery?

jengledow

I want to fit twin swivel seats, but being stupidly tall I'm looking at getting reduced height seat base boxes (to compensate for the additional height of the swivel base), however it doesn't look like there will be enough room to fit a leisure battery under the seats. My limited google skills suggest that leisure batteries are either 190mm or 175mm tall, but are there any smaller batteries available (I'm not planning on running a lot off it - just lights and a few 12v / USB sockets)?

If I cannot get a leisure battery to fit would a portable powerbank (jackery etc), small enough to fit under the seats, be enough to run internal lights and a few 12v / USB sockets for a couple of days (charged from the mains and then topped up from the van's 12v charger and/or solar)?

What are the long term plans for your T6. Mine is as a camper and I have two 100ah lithium’s in the bottom of a wardrobe by the rear wheel arch. The drivers side seat is a good location for audio upgrades / heater stuff…

The long term plan is a day van and occasional / light camper (we plan on sleeping in it, but will cook outside and use an awning). Being too big I want a full width bed so no room for cabinets / wardrobe and I want plenty of space inside the van for bikes and race kit.

I think some people have even put it under the van in a secure box But you would have to do more research into it as I don’t know if there are any negatives to it.

Back